• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Seriously. We can joke about Doritos, or whatever. But altered is altered. I don’t want someone in an altered state behind the wheel, operating heavy equipment, doing surgery or holding a firearm

Too much sugar make you altered. Prescriptions drugs make you altered. We can carry this so far as to remove all rights.

Between us, shh. Iocane powder makes you altered, but I have spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder. Don't pick on my stuff. ;)

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Seriously. We can joke about Doritos, or whatever. But altered is altered. I don’t want someone in an altered state behind the wheel, operating heavy equipment, doing surgery or holding a firearm. Doesn’t matter if some drunk would be worse. All by itself, on its’ own merits, people in any altered state should not have firearms.

And you all that said booze is worse, stop using toddler logic. If you need that explained, that like telling Mom, “I might have done something bad, but Sis did worse!” It’s irrelevant and doesn’t help make your point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where the hell did I say anybody should handle a firearm or vehicle while altered from anything. Using your logic anybody that is prescribed anything from sleeping pills to pain pills shouldn't own firearms.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    That's the whole problem with the silly and baseless prohibition against cannabis- your drug = bad yet my drug = good. I remember how vehemently Rush Limbaugh used to rail against cannabis all the while crushing up and snorting oxycontin. No wonder dems keep pointing the finger of racism at republicans! And yet the madness continues...

Attachments

• rmad4.jpg
      rmad4.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 245

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Seriously. We can joke about Doritos, or whatever. But altered is altered. I don’t want someone in an altered state behind the wheel, operating heavy equipment, doing surgery or holding a firearm. Doesn’t matter if some drunk would be worse. All by itself, on its’ own merits, people in any altered state should not have firearms.

And you all that said booze is worse, stop using toddler logic. If you need that explained, that like telling Mom, “I might have done something bad, but Sis did worse!” It’s irrelevant and doesn’t help make your point.

Just because someone has an MM card doesnt mean they are carrying while in an altered state anymore than having a 6 pack in the fridge means your carrying while drunk. By this logic if you ever bought alcohol you should not be able to buy a gun till a year after you drink it.

No one said they should play with thier gun while high just like you shouldnty while drunk. Your applying 2 different standards

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It wasn't a law, it never passed the House and was never sent to the Governor.

I understand that, just referring to the fact that even if it was passed it would be irrelevant because the issue is federal law, not state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That's the whole problem with the silly and baseless prohibition against cannabis- your drug = bad yet my drug = good. I remember how vehemently Rush Limbaugh used to rail against cannabis all the while crushing up and snorting oxycontin. No wonder dems keep pointing the finger of racism at republicans! And yet the madness continues...

Dems pointing the finger of racism at Republicans need to look in the mirror first.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Dems pointing the finger of racism at Republicans need to look in the mirror first.

Agreed...many publicly pander and pay lip service to minorities so long as they can earn social media brownie points for such virtue signaling but do not mind undermining real equality in doing so and of course do not want undesirables (like poor folk) living in their particular zip codes and gated communities.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I understand that, just referring to the fact that even if it was passed it would be irrelevant because the issue is federal law, not state.

I drive by a state legal medical cannabis dispensary in Ellicott City 2 to 3 times a week. I hear cannabis is illegal at the federal level, but folks don't seem to be worried about it. I've also heard that there are thousands of places just like this in almost every state and district in our country.

How can this be?

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

Come on be honest.
    They aren't going to bust Hunter Biden for cocaine even tho every knows he does it. The inner city crack head has no political clout. Thus a double standard. :innocent0

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    If the House had also passed SB97, and Lawnchair had signed it , it would have changed nothing , and been meaningless political masterbation .

The Prohibition is Federal , Maryland can't make it go away .
    All of the 2A groups have made these comments to folks on both sides of the aisle, to no avail. I remember when we all told Jamie Raskin that this was a problem he could start working to resolve once he was in Congress...he jumped right on that, didn't he? :sarcasm:

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Just because someone has an MM card doesnt mean they are carrying while in an altered state anymore than having a 6 pack in the fridge means your carrying while drunk. By this logic if you ever bought alcohol you should not be able to buy a gun till a year after you drink it.

No one said they should play with thier gun while high just like you shouldnty while drunk. Your applying 2 different standards

Disagree. All of MD’s applications ask if you are a habitual user of drugs or alcohol. By its’ very nature, having a MM card implies that someone is a habitual user. And that’s totally different than someone who ever bought a beer or a joint. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t think it’s wise for habitual users of any mind altering substances to be armed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In this instance " Habitual User " has regulatory meaning that can be significantly different than the common sense meaning , or the regulatory meaning for alcohol ( or street drugs ) .

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Disagree. All of MD’s applications ask if you are a habitual user of drugs or alcohol. By its’ very nature, having a MM card implies that someone is a habitual user. And that’s totally different than someone who ever bought a beer or a joint. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t think it’s wise for habitual users of any mind altering substances to be armed.

We can respectfully agree to disagree.

I will say the legal definition of Habitual is I forget is its 3 or more times a month or 3 or more times a year. So once a week is a habit according to our legal system.

SO I guess if anyone has a Friday night drink each week they better surrender thier guns.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I am a habitual user of alcohol. I have a glass of wine every day. Where do I turn these things in?

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Edited for clarity.

Got a medical cannabis card for legit medical issues. Wasn't aware of 2A limitations. I have yet to actually use it.

Has anyone actually had success surrendering an unused card and obtain HQL and firearm without waiting a year?

The same happened to my husband and I. Found out after taking the HQL class, getting finger printed AND submitting our application to the state of Maryland and each person took the funds....the application asked us, we said yes...that should have stopped the process....Nope, took the fee and came back denied. No way around it, there is a vote before congress to decriminalize marijuana which would open things up a bit but then you got reckless users out here owning guns. My thing is, the HQL should have informed us, the MMC should have informed us we would lose our 2nd amendment rights and the Maryland state police should have informed us.....$600 wasted between the two of us.

Quit bitching you two geniuses! The answer is right here on the state's medical marijuana FAQ, which you would have found easily had you bothered to bestir yourselves to look. All your bitching does is make me laugh at your laziness and beclowning yourselves in public.

https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/patients_faq.aspx

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Quit bitching you two geniuses! The answer is right here on the state's medical marijuana FAQ, which you would have found easily had you bothered to bestir yourselves to look. All your bitching does is make me laugh at your laziness and beclowning yourselves in public.

https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/patients_faq.aspx

Stop it. They were having fun.
    No. Federal law bars medical cannabis patients from purchasing or possessing firearms. The Federal Gun Control Act, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3), prohibits any person who is an ‘unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)’ from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition. Marijuana is listed in the Controlled Substances Act as a Schedule I controlled substance, and there are no exceptions in Federal law for marijuana purportedly used for medicinal purposes, even if such use is sanctioned by State law.

So pot is an illegal controlled substance.

Alcohol is legal and taxed.

Now can we all get along?

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    very simply put this is all as planned. A back door to banning guns. Sure - Pot is illegal wink wink nod nod at Fed level but if the states Ok, it what can feds do? Feds say sure go a head states and do what you want. Then bingo, a large part of the population gets the cards. Oh wait - Pot still illegal at fed level, feds make gun laws. Thats why it wasnt legalized at fed level. Sorry no soup for you. Back door ban. I have to believe this was the plan all along.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

The issue is NOT whether or not the person is "altered" by weed or beer.

The issue is that... UNTIL IT GETS CHANGED IN LAW... Federal Law prohibits the use of weed and the possession/use of MaryJane by the same person. So... UNTIL IT GETS CHANGED IN LAW... pick one or the other. You CANNOT have it both ways legally.

So arguing the finer points between beer, wine, prescription drugs, weed, etc... ad nausium... is just inane and worthless bloviating to satisfy the ego and pacify the need to vent.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    very simply put this is all as planned. A back door to banning guns. Sure - Pot is illegal wink wink nod nod at Fed level but if the states Ok, it what can feds do? Feds say sure go a head states and do what you want. Then bingo, a large part of the population gets the cards. Oh wait - Pot still illegal at fed level, feds make gun laws. Thats why it wasnt legalized at fed level. Sorry no soup for you. Back door ban. I have to believe this was the plan all along.

By some very devious anti-gunners who knew that folks would rush to get their MM cards without ever thinking about the federal laws and how it would effect them and their 2A rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom