• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    I'll Never See It

Maybe some of you younger fellows will see Virginia return to the Commonwealth it once was. But I'm 77 years old, and I'll never see it happen. The stinking democrats have destroyed the Virginia that I once knew and loved, and I have no hope of it returning in my lifetime.

Sep 12, 2013
    In short no. VA will stay blue because people from other states with high taxes are running to VA to escape them. Then when they vote they vote blue to get all of the policies and programs that raised their taxes in the first place because “it worked in Maryland Virginia should have it too” not realizing that the things that they want were what raised taxes in them in the first place. Additionally Virginia has a huge disconnect between then urban and rural voters. Look at all the folks from MD, NY, NJ, and PA who move there. I have nothing against social programs, I’m a democrat (boo hiss) but 100% pro gun (weird I know), so I wish the Dems would get off the gun grabbing and instead focus on existing laws and proper enforcement before ramming new crap down our throats.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    In short no. VA will stay blue because people from other states with high taxes are running to VA to escape them. Then when they vote they vote blue to get all of the policies and programs that raised their taxes in the first place because “it worked in Maryland Virginia should have it too” not realizing that the things that they want were what raised taxes in them in the first place. Additionally Virginia has a huge disconnect between then urban and rural voters. Look at all the folks from MD, NY, NJ, and PA who move there. I have nothing against social programs, I’m a democrat (boo hiss) but 100% pro gun (weird I know), so I wish the Dems would get off the gun grabbing and instead focus on existing laws and proper enforcement before ramming new crap down our throats.

It's been done to other states...those voting to ruin California and now escaping those results to AZ, TX and NV.

It's the "Locust Effect" at work.

It's been done to other states...those voting to ruin California and now escaping those results to AZ, TX and NV.

It's the "Locust Effect" at work.

They aren't "escaping" they are invading...Liberals leaving California are doing so to infect red states with their disease. Arizona and Texas are next to be flipped. New Mexico, Colorado and Virginia are finished. Montana is another currently being infested.

There is only one way to stop an infestation and according to the mentality found among so called 2A supporters they will succeed without any real backlash.

Jan 21, 2020
    I believe it's better to say that we must flip the state red. I'm from Maryland and I'm going to do all I can to help Va from becoming more like Md.

I believe it's better to say that we must flip the state red. I'm from Maryland and I'm going to do all I can to help Va from becoming more like Md.

It's going to be a daunting nearly impossible task. You would have to flip both chambers of the legislature and the governor's office and make sure that the Republicans you are electing are pro 2nd Amendment. As we have seen here recently there most definitely are so-called Republicans in the Virginia legislature who are more than willing to vote alongside there is steam colleagues from across the aisle on issues such as gun control. With the influx of left-wingers in Northern Virginia along with the perceived notion that many illegal immigrants are also voting it's going to be hard enough to muster enough votes in the rest of the Commonwealth. Now add to that potential gerrymandered election districts. I'm not saying that it's going to be impossible but it's going to be highly improbable for at least the foreseeable future. Remember although Northern Virginia is highly populated with liberals there are also other places within the state of Virginia that have a high concentration of Democrats. The Norfolk area Virginia's Eastern Shore and Roanoke just to name a few. Now they are going to be stuck just like we are here in Maryland with one-party rule and no other options. Just like here in Maryland they will spend the next indeterminate number of gears writing sternly worded letters sending emails and making phone calls to their legislators and the only thing that will change is that the gun control laws will become more Draconian and tyrannical. They are no more willing to water the tree of Liberty then most gun owners here in Maryland

TimothyOnline

Mar 2, 2020
    Arlington, VA
    Even with the garbage coming out of the Capitol in Richmond (I don't use 'Richmond' alone, as RVA is legit), take note of the reaction. The Commonwealth at large isn't taking this lying down. Your best chance at a 2A-friendly existence remains here.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is it not mathematically possibly for VA to be flipped back? I think the answer is yes. Unlike MD where R's are outnumbered 4 to 1 (or something like that), it up to the voters. Virginians; get out and vote and don't vote for some off the wall third party candidate.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Virginia is my home state and I hate to say it but the cancer that is DC/NoVa shows no sign of slowing and Va is well on its way to becoming another state, like Maryland, controlled by a geographically small, left wing segment of the population. This being a census year, isn’t it also ripe for gerrymandering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom