• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    But Ralphy boy says no more than 10 people in a building :mad54: I passed by my local range, the store is open but the range isn't. Until the end of June. Bleh.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I observed an African American female looking over a pistol at a gun store. She had zero experience in handling a gun and she was going to buy it and she had three small children. She obviously never received instruction from anyone. No safe handling, loading firing and unloading a pistol. She definitely could use some indoor range instruction because she had nowhere else to practice and shoot. I say that indoor gun ranges are essential.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My BIL is still making his weekly range session down near Richmond ( commercial indoor range ).

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    This is a great example of “reasonable regulation” turning into prohibition of a right.

I wonder how the VCDL lawsuit is going?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Evidently not in Merryland either. Chubby has shut down ALL private clubs including IWLAs. What the hell's the difference between private and public ranges? ZERO

:mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Evidently not in Merryland either. Chubby has shut down ALL private clubs including IWLAs. What the hell's the difference between private and public ranges? ZERO

:mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

If a private club is shut down, its due to the decision of the club, not the executive order. Some clubs blame it on the exec order, but either don't want the liability, cant get an RSO, or whatever. If course, some are run by people who see the 2nd amendment as being about hunting and fishing and recreation, and thats another story altogether.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Berwyn is open. Just have to follow the 10 person limit, etc. I need to get my butt out there for some relaxation. Of course, I can only afford to shoot 22 (which is ok) now being marginally employed.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If a private club is shut down, its due to the decision of the club, not the executive order. Some clubs blame it on the exec order, but either don't want the liability, cant get an RSO, or whatever. If course, some are run by people who see the 2nd amendment as being about hunting and fishing and recreation, and thats another story altogether.

You are probably right.

Generally speaking, with our and most IWLAs, all members who have met range safety requirements are considered RSOs. The exception to that rule is where shooting events are concerned. In that case, credentialed RSOs run those.

Below is the only word we received on the matter:

Attachments

• iwla2.jpg
      iwla2.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 400

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    You are probably right.

Generally speaking, with our and most IWLAs, all members who have met range safety requirements are considered RSOs. The exception to that rule is where shooting events are concerned. In that case, credentialed RSOs run those.

Below is the only word we received on the matter:

Outrider,

It appears we received further clarification of the BOD’s position. I received the email you referenced on 3/23. I received the below email from the BOD on 3/31. I’m 99% sure we belong to the same IWLA chapter.

Fellow Ike's,

The IWLA Board of Directors has investigated the legality of keeping our ranges open. The government directive, via homeland security guidelines, states that gun dealers and gun ranges are essential, and can remain open.

Further investigation and conversations with officials further clarifies the the ranges that are included are commercial ranges open to the public, police and military ranges.

It does not apply to recreational ranges owned and operated by organizations like ours.

Although we would like to keep them open, we cannot.

Any organization or person that violates the rules, including those that participate, are subject to a misdemeanor and a fine up to $5,000.

Therefore all IWLA ranges will remain closed until such time that the orders have been lifted. This includes our skeet, trap, airgun and archery ranges.

This is a difficult time in all of our lives. It is important to grasp the severity of the situation and our emotions to get through this period. It will pass.

IWLA Board of Directors

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Outrider,

It appears we received further clarification of the BOD’s position. I received the email you referenced on 3/23. I received the below email from the BOD on 3/31. I’m 99% sure we belong to the same IWLA chapter.

Fellow Ike's,

The IWLA Board of Directors has investigated the legality of keeping our ranges open. The government directive, via homeland security guidelines, states that gun dealers and gun ranges are essential, and can remain open.

Further investigation and conversations with officials further clarifies the the ranges that are included are commercial ranges open to the public, police and military ranges.

It does not apply to recreational ranges owned and operated by organizations like ours.

Although we would like to keep them open, we cannot.

Any organization or person that violates the rules, including those that participate, are subject to a misdemeanor and a fine up to $5,000.

Therefore all IWLA ranges will remain closed until such time that the orders have been lifted. This includes our skeet, trap, airgun and archery ranges.

This is a difficult time in all of our lives. It is important to grasp the severity of the situation and our emotions to get through this period. It will pass.

IWLA Board of Directors

Thanks for the update Aamdskeetshooter. I belong to the WAC chapter near Damascus. I don't recall seeing that message. It confirms the original email though.

Regoddamdiculous! :cool:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Frustrating to see the NRA range not doing at least a low-head-count open policy since that ruling. Just on principle. It’s probably not cost effective to have the usual four or five staff there and then only being able to serve a handful of customers in every third lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom