Spark for pushing National constitutional carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I’m not sure if this has been talked about in the Kenosha thread or not, but what do you guys think about this (the Kyle Rittenhouse self defense shooting) possibly being what pushes them to pass national constitutional carry laws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    If the right were to retake both house come November do you think they would make a push for it? I personally think with recent events they might.

Who are you kidding. How many times have republicans controlled the house and senate and it's not going to happen.

We'll have constitutional carrying of purple dildo's before we get firearms.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    If anything the fact that this “gunman” used an “assault weapon” to gun down “peaceful protesters” will again bring gun control to the front of people’s minds and give Biden/Harris the push they need to work on that legislation earlier

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    If anything the fact that this “gunman” used an “assault weapon” to gun down “peaceful protesters” will again bring gun control to the front of people’s minds and give Biden/Harris the push they need to work on that legislation earlier

True, I agree I think it can go either way

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Because of federalism I don't believe Congress could pass a carry law nationwide...there is such a thing as state's rights. The best Congress could do is make it legal to carry on federal property or withhold specific funds such as highway funds to states that won't pass such carry laws. That's called coercion which the Feds have done to get states to do something they don't want.

So...the chances are somewhere between slim and none short of the Supreme Court invalidating every state's restrictive carry laws or every American citizen being given a US Marshal's commission.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If the right were to retake both house come November do you think they would make a push for it? I personally think with recent events they might.

No. The (R)'s had both sides and the presidency and still couldn't get supressors of the NFA.

They lack the will and just like the (D)'s, need something to dangle in front of their constituencies.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Seriously? What push? If they get elected they will do it NO MATTER WHAT.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Who are you kidding. How many times have republicans controlled the house and senate and it's not going to happen.

We'll have constitutional carrying of purple dildo's before we get firearms.

^^^ THIS The best shot we had at carry reciprocity was after the last election.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Because of federalism I don't believe Congress could pass a carry law nationwide...there is such a thing as state's rights. The best Congress could do is make it legal to carry on federal property or withhold specific funds such as highway funds to states that won't pass such carry laws. That's called coercion which the Feds have done to get states to do something they don't want.

So...the chances are somewhere between slim and none short of the Supreme Court invalidating every state's restrictive carry laws or every American citizen being given a US Marshal's commission.

Agree that the better way about it would be for SCOTUS to a) recognize the right outside the home exists and can’t be curtailed by may issue whims, and b) via precedent established in Obergefell (gay marriage) and the 14A that a license for carry in one state demands equal protection across others. Never gonna happen with the current court.

That being said, Congress has plenty of authority to legislate national reciprocity via the commerce clause. Also never gonna happen unless the Rs take 60+ in the senate and hold the house and WH.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    ^^^ THIS The best shot we had at carry reciprocity was after the last election.

And since the GOP didn't foolishly kill the filibuster while not having 60 seats, they had to suffer the fact that Chuck Schumer is still basically able to limit any and all Senate legislative movement to only what he wants. That hasn't changed. Without clawing back quite a few more seats (never mind the house), we're no more able to put through things like the HPA or reciprocity now than we were even when holding both houses but not 60 senate seats. Folks don't seem to understand this. Less than 60 seats means that F-in' Chucky can scuttle anything he wants to see killed.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    And since the GOP didn't foolishly kill the filibuster while not having 60 seats, they had to suffer the fact that Chuck Schumer is still basically able to limit any and all Senate legislative movement to only what he wants. That hasn't changed. Without clawing back quite a few more seats (never mind the house), we're no more able to put through things like the HPA or reciprocity now than we were even when holding both houses but not 60 senate seats. Folks don't seem to understand this. Less than 60 seats means that F-in' Chucky can scuttle anything he wants to see killed.

This, and due to that fact, many bills are not even offered up for consideration. They are sitting in a drawer waiting for an opportunity.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020

Got it. The real question becomes would they introduce 2A friendly legislation with a supermajority? If they did it would be a win for us but one less thing to campaign on.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV

What is HPA?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

It would be better for the republic to NOT kill the filibuster. But since the commies (dems) are now on record of planning on killing it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom