Help me select "Pro 2A" Representatives, including judges, this election day!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    A while back I received a pamphlet printed on nice paper recommending I re-elect sitting judges in Montgomery County. Their quick bios read as if it were written for a 4th grader. I figured it's from some non-profit liberal organization.

Has anyone here on the Right made a list of Conservative Representatives that are worthy of our vote in Montgomery County? If so, please save me some research and give some suggestions. I know it's a losing cause, but I'll do whatever I can, before having to move out of state.

Circuit Court, Circuit 6
    4 seats, any suggestions?

Court of Appeals
    Mary Ellen Barbera, Yes or No?

Court of Special Appeals at Large
    E. Gregory Wells, Yes or No?

Court of Special Appeals, Circuit 7
    Steven B. Gould, Yes or No?

Board of Education at Large
    Sunil Dasgupta or Lynne Harris?

Board of Education, District 2
    Michael Fryar or Rebecca Smondrowski?

Board of Education, District 4
    Shebra Evans or Steve Solomon?

Thanks in advance!

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Just to clarify, when I searched the topic using my county, I found the Montgomery County Republican Party website with recommendations for all of the above, except for the "non-partisan" judge and board of education positions. There are write-in slots for these positions, and I'm pretty sure there are other people, perhaps even qualified, who are interested in them.

Personally, I would love to have more real, not pointless, information on the sitting judges, as well as contestants for all positions. I believe that even if a post is "non-partisan," that individuals will have their own biases, which may very well not be in line with mine, despite what my affiliated party recommends. I've run into this problem before, where I could not easily find basic information about people on a ballot, things like level of education, prior job posts, strengths relevant to the job at hand, etc., and how they feel about current topics that directly affect us all. Why should I vote for you based on party recommendations when the party's candidate doesn't properly address the issues that are most important for me? Once again, it seems as if we're picking the lesser of two evils.

Lastly, and in the case of the Montgomery County Republican Party's Board of Education recommendation of, "we do not recommend any of the candidates running for the School Board seats," why not come up with a candidate worthy of filling the position, and how does not voting for anyone assist the goals of the party?

I'm not a political person, but I try to be a responsible citizen.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Personally, I would love to have more real, not pointless, information on the sitting judges, as well as contestants for all positions. I believe that even if a post is "non-partisan," that individuals will have their own biases, which may very well not be in line with mine, despite what my affiliated party recommends. I've run into this problem before, where I could not easily find basic information about people on a ballot, things like level of education, prior job posts, strengths relevant to the job at hand, etc., and how they feel about current topics that directly affect us all.
    I wish I could find that. Did a lot of searching for one this year but couldn't find one. Years ago I found a Log Cabin Republicans voter guide that lined up with a lot of my views, but haven't found a good one for 2020.

Judges were the hardest one to look up, not knowing how to search for gun-related decisions at the Circuit Court level.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In MoCo there probably aren't any * good * candidates .

At one level , running any warm body is better than have an uncontested seat . The follow up is whether it is worse to not have a candidate , or have a token candidate that will get less than 10% of vote .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom