• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    So I have this pre-2013 billet stripped lower I stood in line during the waning days of slightly less repression and rule and bought at Engage Armament. It was transferred as "other" with the intention of building a pistol. Since I have another pre-2013 lower with a cheapish Del Ton upper chambered in 5.56/.223, I've sat on the sidelines unable to decide what to do with the Engage one.

I'd like to build a pistol chambered in 9mm, but every time I've looked over the years, the cost and reliability reports have been discouraging. In my research over the past few weeks I've noticed parts are a lot more prevalent and cheaper.

This will be a "budget" build compared to many as I don't shoot enough to justify dropping $1500 on this build. I'd rather spend $500ish and spend the other grand on two more guns.

So here I come for suggestions--Don't do it? Stick with .223? Buy a complete upper? Buy all the parts and assemble it myself?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My suggestion is to buy another lower to do that because you can.

Keep the Pre oct 2013 lower for something else like a Retro build with pencil barrel.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I'm assuming you mean a dedicated, actual 9mm lower. I thought about that too, but I believe I must first build it into a pistol. Not to mention, I do have at least one (:innocent0) other pre-2013 lower.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well, I guess you can always pull it apart and do something that requires Pre 2013 later. :)

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    If you want to go cheap there’s always Palmetto State Armory’s build kits.

Everything but the lower for $449 plus $17 shipping with SBA3 brace and LPK.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen4-4-9mm-5-lightweight-m-lok-railed-moe-sba3-pistol-kit.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...tweight-m-lok-railed-moe-sba3-pistol-kit.html

Thanks, I've been eyeing those too but there's always something I want to change which makes it not worth it (barrel length, handguard, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom