• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    UPS just left my package on the porch. 2 weeks from date of my order being placed. NOTE: When I originally placed my order, 2 weeks ago, the $119 deal was running out within 24 hrs. Just checked the site and the deal is still good until 4/9. May explain some of the delay in delivery.

2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    For those ordering from Palmetto State-read the reviews-seems they are not being shipped with the lower base. This stopped me from ordering.Can anyone here verify if PSA is sending both bases or not. Thanks

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    For those ordering from Palmetto State-read the reviews-seems they are not being shipped with the lower base. This stopped me from ordering.Can anyone here verify if PSA is sending both bases or not. Thanks

Just opened the box and the lower base is in there.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Primary Arms has the Romeo 5 with the high mount only, on sale today for $99.99 (free shipping, pay sales tax).

Any thoughts on using this on an M&P 15-22? I think this would be absolute co-witness, unless you just leave the flip-up sights down.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Primary Arms has the Romeo 5 with the high mount only, on sale today for $99.99 (free shipping, pay sales tax).

Any thoughts on using this on an M&P 15-22? I think this would be absolute co-witness, unless you just leave the flip-up sights down.

I would imagine it would work fine on that rifle. I use the low mount on my scorpion evo carbine due to the cheek weld being at an angle on the stock and it actually co witness with the irons.

nice sight for the money, probably the best you can get for the money you spend actually

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

Got some experience with the Romeo 5 on my 15-22. Works great, super easy to sight in

Lots of praise for these optics. Currently running one on my 9mm cz scorpion evo carbine and s&w 15-22. Both are running great. I have one on a Springfield saint .300 black pistol, but haven’t had a chance to run it yet.

Kind of makes me feel foolish for what I spent for my trijicon mro.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I wouldn't feel bad about buying the MRO. There's no shame in having a really bombproof optic on your rifle, and in some cases, they make a lot of sense (civil disorder, banging it around in 3 gun, particularly intensive training, regional/national competition, etc.). But even the bombproof stuff goes down. I've killed an Eotech, I've shot an RMR to failure, and I've broken a Japanese-made scope. All things made by men will fail eventually.

That said, we definitely live in a golden age of reliable, feature-filled budget optics. Not every optic needs to survive near-misses with JDAMs or being slammed against a barrier repeatedly... they just need to keep working under less-abusive scenarios. Plus, some guns are really just for fun, and if the optic stops working, I'm just not going to care much.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    :thumbsup: mine is supposed to show up today.

Anyone recommend a QD mount for it?

I’d use it as is with the mounts it comes with. ( high and low mount).

Then if you like it enough, just buy another one for whatever else you want it for. These are cheap enough that if you spend money on a decent qd mount, you may as well have just bought another one.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Can’t believe psa is now asking 170 dollars for a base Romeo 5.

I hope the gun community brands them as the best cheaper than dirt.

They’ve really stuck it to all the gun community hard with the corona tax...

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Anyone in here have the holosun403B and the sig Romeo 5 ?

Which one y’all like better? I have Romeo 5s but no holosun.

I like the idea of the battery tray over the big ass battery compartment on the side of the base model Romeo 5.

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    Anyone in here have the holosun403B and the sig Romeo 5 ?

Which one y’all like better? I have Romeo 5s but no holosun.

I like the idea of the battery tray over the big ass battery compartment on the side of the base model Romeo 5.

I have seen multiple references that the Romeo5 is a rebranded Holosun. Take that for what it is worth. Could be a single misnomer that has been echoing throughout internet. Would not surprise me either way. With that said I own a Sig Romeo 5 and a Holosun 510C. I have not had any regrets about either purchase and would buy again.

Here is one of the above mentioned "must be true it is on the internet" references.
    "Why did I mention Holosun when this is a Sig Romeo 5 review? That’s because the Sig Romeo 5 is manufactured from a Chinese Holosun factory with a Sig Sauer logo labeled on it.
    A friend of mine who work closely with Chinese manufacturers revealed to me that most lower-priced red dot sights today are made by a couple of manufacturers group in China. This Sig Romeo 5 is basically a twin brother to the more expensive Holosun HS403GL."

https://gungoal.com/optics/red-dot-sights/sig-romeo-5-review/#:~:text=That's%20because%20the%20Sig%20Romeo,of%20manufacturers%20group%20in%20China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom