• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Johns Hopkins is offering another free online class about gun violence. This class is called: "Firearm Purchaser Licensing Teach-Out: The Background Check Policy Not Enough People Are Talking About", which is going to deal with purchaser licensing such as the HQL and desired LQL.

This is the blurb they give about the class:

"The best available evidence shows that comprehensive background checks by themselves are insufficient at reducing gun violence, but strong bodies of research demonstrate that states with comprehensive background checks coupled with firearm purchaser licensing, or permit-to-purchase laws, have significantly fewer firearm-involved homicides, fatal mass shootings, and suicides. Additionally, public opinion polling research consistently finds that 75% or more of U.S. adults support firearm purchaser licensing laws and 60% or more of gun owners support."

The class starts 20 Jan and I have already signed up. I will make sure to report back with my impressions of what they are trying to indoctrinate people with.

MykR0k

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 13, 2020
    Johns Hopkins is offering another free online class about gun violence. This class is called: "Firearm Purchaser Licensing Teach-Out: The Background Check Policy Not Enough People Are Talking About", which is going to deal with purchaser licensing such as the HQL and desired LQL.

"The best available evidence shows that comprehensive background checks by themselves are insufficient at reducing gun violence, but strong bodies of research demonstrate that states with comprehensive background checks coupled with firearm purchaser licensing, or permit-to-purchase laws, have significantly fewer firearm-involved homicides, fatal mass shootings, and suicides. Additionally, public opinion polling research consistently finds that 75% or more of U.S. adults support firearm purchaser licensing laws and 60% or more of gun owners support."

The class starts 20 Jan and I have already signed up. I will make sure to report back with my impressions of what they are trying to indoctrinate people with.

You have me so curious on this. What I'm really curious about is the skills Hopkins is claiming to teach via this course!

Z0YgIZE.png

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Well armed citizens and long prison sentences for criminals who survive encounters with those well armed citizens.

What are two effective methods to deal with gun violence, Alex?

I charge nothing compared to whatever Hopkins is getting paid. Plus, I didn't need four weeks to explore effective solutions. : )

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

"The best available evidence shows that comprehensive background checks by themselves are insufficient at reducing gun violence, but strong bodies of research demonstrate that states with [r]comprehensive background checks coupled with firearm purchaser licensing, or permit-to-purchase laws, have significantly fewer firearm-involved homicides, fatal mass shootings, and suicides. [/r]Additionally, public opinion polling research consistently finds that 75% or more of U.S. adults support firearm purchaser licensing laws and 60% or more of gun owners support."

See, HQL’s did the trick. Hopkins is based in Baltimore...the success rate there is all that needs be said.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    See, HQL’s did the trick. Hopkins is based in Baltimore...the success rate there is all that needs be said.

Exactly right. Baltimore requires an HQL, Chicago requires a FOID, L.A. is L.A. I wonder what they base their statement on?

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    so... purchasing a firearm requires a background check. Purchasing a regulated handgun also requires one obtain an HQL, which include ANOTHER background check. How is this anything other than double dipping in wresting fees from law abiding citizens?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    so... purchasing a firearm requires a background check. Purchasing a regulated handgun also requires one obtain an HQL, which include ANOTHER background check. How is this anything other than double dipping in wresting fees from law abiding citizens?

It's not the LGQL. Yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom