• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Nine years ago this past week, MDShooters.com went live.

It bears repeating the first post to ever appear here:

Welcome! This forum was developed for the purpose of bringing together a community of individuals from the Maryland area who share one thing in common, an appreciation for the Second Amendment to the Constitution and the freedom that it provides. My vision for this forum is a community where members can share their thoughts about firearms, the latest Orioles game, their favorite fishing hole, their views on current events and politics, or even plan a weekend shoot and BBQ. There are many excellent forums that cater to a larger audience that will always have their spot on my Favorites list, but I think that there is a unique perspective to be gained from a forum that draws neighbors together.

If you have any comments or criticisms, or if you would like to see a new forum topic added, please feel free to drop me a note by Private Message, or use the Comments and Suggestions forum. I'm always open to new ideas.

It may take a while for this community to get firmly established, but with your help I believe we can do it. Please spread the word to fellow shooters so that our community can grow!

God bless America, and God bless Maryland!

Thanks to all that contribute to continuing to make this forum people's home on the 'net.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We are now "firmly established"!

Comparing 1st quarter of this year to similar period for 2008, earliest that I think we had Analytics data:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 11.39.16 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 11.39.16 AM.jpg
      14.9 KB · Views: 605
    • Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 11.39.59 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 11.39.59 AM.png
      8.7 KB · Views: 603

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Happy Birthday. What a brilliant notion.

Wait til we hit 13...

Norton, DD214,Zoo, Joppa, ET al a very sincere thank you. You guys make it look easy when I know it is anything but. It is a priviledge to be a member. You guys make this forum rock...in a competent, quiet, behind the scenes kind of way. (most of the time)

Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Norton,

On a personal level, I appreciate you affording me the opportunity to finally blend in here.
    The hammers, though uncomfortable, definitely helped. MDS is my first foray into any type of on-line community. I will take this time to thank those other members who took the time to slap me around with good intent. The sight has helped me in many ways.

That said, Happy Birthday MDS.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Pretty cool!

So gives us an idea how it all started. I'd imagine that DD and Norton were sitting around and one of you had a good idea. There has to be more to it than that though...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hard to believe that the forum is only 9 years along given how influential it has become, as a resource and a town square for the local firearms community. Yes, happy birthday, and many more!

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I have been here since early on. IIRC we only had a few hundred members when I found the site and only some were activley posting. I have seen members come and go for different reasons but many have held on and are woderful cotributors here. That fact being a testament to the quality and excellent moderation of the forum. Many thanks to Don and everyone else keeping the lights on and the community well informed..
    Happy Birthday!!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Like !!!

And MDShooters ...

Attachments

• i-like-guns-4.gif
      i-like-guns-4.gif
      16 KB · Views: 489

Users who are viewing this thread