• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Friends-Curious if you can use a Crossbow in WV for deer hunting? The rules have me confused as I think a Class Y LICENSE/permit is only need for 4 counties....

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Crossbows are legal for all deer seasons except the mountianeer heritage season in january where only flintlock/percussian rifles and recurve or longbows are legal

durkspunk2112

Aug 23, 2014
    Frederick County, Md.
    I hunt crossbow in Hampshire County. I agree with Goldslammer, non-resi with bow tag (either sex) and a rifle doe tag runs about $190. Using the website to buy your license is pretty straight forward...reading the regs and rules is pretty confusing. On the site just select what you want to do (hunt)...don't worry about stamp YYZ, or whatever. You'll need the basic hunting along with the conservation stamp. Add bow hunting, doe for rifle, etc.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Yep, perfectly legal. I had shoulder surgery this past February and it is still very painful to draw my compound bow, so I am looking at getting either a Ravin or TenPoint crossbow if my shoulder doesn't improve by next season. This makes me very sad as bow hunting has always been what I enjoy the most and feel I am too young to have to give it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom