• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There is a time and place for getting in peoples face, it has value, but we need to remember who the actual enemy is. Reasonable people are going to disagree on tactics, that does not make them an enemy. Reasonable people are going to disagree on a lot of legislative items, that does not make them antis either.

Racks last 5 posts are still up so I wonder what happened?

Are they? I was in bed, so I don't know what posts/threads were removed. Norton seemed pretty pissed and Rack's visible posts clearly aren't what got him fired up.

I'm still fairly new--can people be banned for PM content if the PM is forwarded to mods?
    Not pontificating or making any assumptions, just curious.

Yes, absolutely. A few weeks ago, a member was temp banned for stirring the pot and calling everyone nazis. He then made a fake profile and PM'ed me pretending to be a neo nazi and wanted to team up with me. Clearly, I'm not that type and forwarded the PM to Norton. Permaban.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Being banned is like being fired. People don't get fired from a job, they do that to themselves. Same with being banned.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The fundamental problem with the internet is that people somehow think that their dick size on the internet actually counts for anything. Its doesn't. Your dick size on the internet and $2.79 wont even get you a cup of coffee. Your dick size on the internet is zero, you can stop measuring it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    That maybe didnt come across right, by "yours" I meant you are the "gate keeper" or whatever. Someone has to be the "head honco", the "enforcer", the "voice of reason" I didnt mean this as "Norton is taking his ball and going home" or anything like that.

Sorry if it seemed directed "at" you.....not my intent. :thumbsup:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton, I didn't like your first post. You last post was even worse. Sounds like you are butt hurt and could use a little self imposed ban.

Is this how you want to start your day?

I'm not interested what you"like". This isn't Facebook.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Look I'm not conceited enough to believe I'm a big name around here. I recognize all the "big guys" and have communicated with most everyone at one time or another. I like to think maybe folks recognize my handle when it comes up.

I plead my case for calm on the original pissing contest thread. Asked the main perps to calm their roll and consider getting back to polite dissention. Not a one of them could be the bigger man and the snide name calling and talking down continued.

If this is what it takes to keep the community together then so be it. We need unity and polite dissent. Constructive criticism. Not 30 page posts that do nothing but theorize and degrade other members contributions. Or just keep throwing yourselves on your own swords and Norton will continue to crush you under his Mod boot.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Are they? I was in bed, so I don't know what posts/threads were removed. Norton seemed pretty pissed and Rack's visible posts clearly aren't what got him fired up.

Yes, absolutely. A few weeks ago, a member was temp banned for stirring the pot and calling everyone nazis. He then made a fake profile and PM'ed me pretending to be a neo nazi and wanted to team up with me. Clearly, I'm not that type and forwarded the PM to Norton. Permaban.

I'll be clear. It's the 2nd to last one, and yes while standing by itself it's nothing but in the totality of the behavior over the last several weeks and the absolute cockswinging that has been occurring between people, it was what did it.

After a week off, he came back and started RIGHT BACK with the EXACT ******** that got him a vacation. It's a clear middle finger to everyone, and we're sick of it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I like to think maybe folks recognize my handle when it comes up.

I was going to welcome you to the forum and advise that you introduce yourself before ERuby told you to get your shine box but then I saw the date you joined ;)

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    I'll be clear. It's the 2nd to last one, and yes while standing by itself it's nothing but in the totality of the behavior over the last several weeks and the absolute cockswinging that has been occurring between people, it was what did it.

After a week off, he came back and started RIGHT BACK with the EXACT ******** that got him a vacation. It's a clear middle finger to everyone, and we're sick of it.

I figured that was the one that did it...appeared to be a jab at a certain someone's he's been going back and forth with. I'm guessing he thought he could still get away with flirting with the line without blatantly crossing it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The fundamental problem with the internet is that people somehow think that their dick size on the internet actually counts for anything. Its doesn't. Your dick size on the internet and $2.79 wont even get you a cup of coffee. Your dick size on the internet is zero, you can stop measuring it.

So my internet size is the same as real life for me. Crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I just had a conversation about this a couple weeks ago. I understand the frustration on the part of the PP when criticized by those who do nothing (or seem to do nothing) to further the overall cause. I also think that the style they use against a gun grabber is detrimental when used against members of this forum.

This reminds me of 2013 when inflamed emotions got the better of a lot of people on here, me included. Hopefully people will calm down and think twice about what they post.

"It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    Thank you, Norton. It's the snide, pompous, condescending comments and unnecessary bickering that drives me away from MDS for extended periods of time. And I'm sure it discourages others from participating in what should be a welcoming forum for gun enthusiasts. Here's to a friendlier, less antogonistic MDS! :beer:

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    A shame it had to be done, but I appreciate the fact that we have mods and admins willing to make hard decisions to keep the community from going all Lord of the Flies. I am a mod for a forum that has about 350,000 users. Since Reddit became a thing it has lost a lot of active users, but at its peak it was a real challenge to keep many of the members from following each other from thread to thread and polluting each one with off topic bickering. Sometimes banning the instigators, regardless of community standing, was the only thing that could be done.

While I would personally prefer to get along with folks I disagree with and feel that honey catches more flies than vinegar, I understand that the 1A/2A fight takes all kinds. I wish R&R the best of luck and appreciate what PP does.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shame we don't have a "Clubhouse" like some rod and gun clubs I have been a member of have. It would be nice to be able to get together, have a drink or two. Maybe a little food. Discuss issues we face as group or participate in our hobby (if that is even the right word for it). eRuby did a lot of good with the get together he put together in LaPlata. We need more of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom