• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    SB1000 (HPRB repeal) will be on the floor of the House today starting at 11:00 AM for its second read. It was given favorable report late last night by House Judiciary. The bill is open to amendments from the floor today. Call your delegates in the next hour and let them know what you think about this tyranny!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    HB1343 (the cross-filed version of SB1000) also got a favorable with amendments last night from Judiciary. It's also on today's 11AM House agenda for its second read.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I wonder why they would also bring out the House version (1343) from committee? Are the amendments to it different? They haven't been posted up to the website yet.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    I wonder why they would also bring out the House version (1343) from committee? Are the amendments to it different? They haven't been posted up to the website yet.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. SB1000 is flying through (as expected) so its unnecessary that they move the House version like this.

My best guess is that they want to give as many people a legislative "win" as possible if they have time for it, even if it doesn't actually do anything.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It would be difficult, but not impossible, for them to justify moving the opposing house bill when they have not moved their own house version.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Surprise! MD Anti-Gun Senator Lies About HPRB Repeal Bill!

Maryland Democrat Senator Pamela “Pam Scam” Beidle (wearing red, of course, below) shamelessly demonstrated that she and her lying Party comrades will stop at nothing to force yet another anti-gun owner bill through the Maryland General Assembly (MGA) late into the session.

In the video below Sen. “Pam Scam“ blatantly lies during her testimony as chief sponsor of SB 1000, a Senate bill introduced before the MD House Judiciary Committee (HJC) on April 2, 2019 to repeal Maryland’s Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB).

Comrade Sen. Beidle claimed falsely that the HPRB had unlawfully attempted to reverse a decision of the Maryland State Police denying a “wear and carry” handgun permit to a Federally-prohibited permit applicant.

It never happened.

Click here to read more and see the video (h/t Stoveman) proof for yourself:

https://patriotpicket.org/f/surprise-md-anti-gun-senator-lies-about-hprb-repeal-bill

On Facebook:
    https://m.facebook.com/ThePatriotPicket/

Attachments

• C349CE8F-87A1-436C-90CE-5E14AE5D0FD5.jpg
      C349CE8F-87A1-436C-90CE-5E14AE5D0FD5.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 1,500

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Something to ponder - this could be OUR future!

The Latest Scheme to Turn Gun Owners into Criminals
    https://www.americanthinker.com/art...scheme_to_turn_gun_owners_into_criminals.html

The HPRB scam being perpetrated here is just one step in the never-ending push to criminalize gun ownership by normal citizens. Watch for the mentioned strategy to be attempted next year, if not sooner, to pave the way for defeated bills to be revived in the next session. They never go completely away!

BLUF: Those here with W&C restrictions, be VERY careful to stay within them.

Fear mongering? You bet! But there's plenty to fear now. Best be prepared!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Maryland Democrat Senator Pamela “Pam Scam” Beidle (wearing red, of course, below) shamelessly demonstrated that she and her lying Party comrades will stop at nothing to force yet another anti-gun owner bill through the Maryland General Assembly (MGA) late into the session.

In the video below Sen. “Pam Scam“ blatantly lies during her testimony as chief sponsor of SB 1000, a Senate bill introduced before the MD House Judiciary Committee (HJC) on April 2, 2019 to repeal Maryland’s Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB).

Comrade Sen. Beidle claimed falsely that the HPRB had unlawfully attempted to reverse a decision of the Maryland State Police denying a “wear and carry” handgun permit to a Federally-prohibited permit applicant.

It never happened.

https://patriotpicket.org/f/surprise-md-anti-gun-senator-lies-about-hprb-repeal-bill

On Facebook:

Did anyone from our side testify, saying that she was lying? (Forgive me if I have the timeline mixed up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xKtF

Nov 5, 2018
    Something to ponder - this could be OUR future!

The Latest Scheme to Turn Gun Owners into Criminals
    https://www.americanthinker.com/art...scheme_to_turn_gun_owners_into_criminals.html

The HPRB scam being perpetrated here is just one step in the never-ending push to criminalize gun ownership by normal citizens. Watch for the mentioned strategy to be attempted next year, if not sooner, to pave the way for defeated bills to be revived in the next session. They never go completely away!

BLUF: Those here with W&C restrictions, be VERY careful to stay within them.

Fear mongering? You bet! But there's plenty to fear now. Best be prepared!

I don't understand why people try to use BB guns as a defensive tool, also I don't get how they can charge him for carrying a gun on his own property :sad20:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Did anyone from our side testify, saying that she was lying? (Forgive me if I have the timeline mixed up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No - crossed over bills are heard Sponsor-only, with rare exceptions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

It never happened.

On Facebook:

Some one needed to point out the HPRB is being repealed because the number of reversals is increasing. Her pointing out the few decisions that were overturned by the OHT, are not statistically out of proportion. Was it not like 22 out of 600 that were overturned? Does she not think the MSP would be influenced by the AG assistant supplied by AG Frosh who has made it clear, publicly on numerous occasions his disdain for gun owners.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Speak to the delegates on our side and make them aware that Beidle is lying. Ask them to ask Beidle for proof that prohibited people were being granted a CCW permit by HPRB. Granted, I don't see why MSP wouldn't just pay said prohibited person a visit at work or outside his house to see if he is in possession of a firearm illegally. Who knows, MSP might even be able to obtain a search warrant based upon a prohibited person applying for a CCW permit.

He is a novel idea, make it a form of perjury or a crime, to provide false information on a CCW permit application.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I don't understand why people try to use BB guns as a defensive tool, also I don't get how they can charge him for carrying a gun on his own property :sad20:

Because in Snowflake Progressive Fantasy World, everything is scary to some degree. Remember the Pop Tart "gun" that got a child into serious trouble? The anyone associated with the object MUST BE SEVERELY PUNISHED. Because feelz. It's for the children...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Some one needed to point out the HPRB is being repealed because the number of reversals is increasing. Her pointing out the few decisions that were overturned by the OHT, are not statistically out of proportion. Was it not like 22 out of 600 that were overturned? Does she not think the MSP would be influenced by the AG assistant supplied by AG Frosh who has made it clear, publicly on numerous occasions his disdain for gun owners.

How about having one of our friendly Legiscritters read the minutes of said HPRB meeting into the record? Or at least have them entered into the record? The gas bags in DC do that all the time. And it would show her up for the liar that she is.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Silly peasants, wanting trial by peers and all that. The Crown doth scoff at thee.

Can't even get a trial by peers on crimes with prison sentences of less than 90 days or civil matters where less than $15,000 is in controversy.

Not sure a CCW application would rank higher than 89 days in prison or $14,999.99, but who knows. Everybody values certain things differently.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Speak to the delegates on our side and make them aware that Beidle is lying. Ask them to ask Beidle for proof that prohibited people were being granted a CCW permit by HPRB. Granted, I don't see why MSP wouldn't just pay said prohibited person a visit at work or outside his house to see if he is in possession of a firearm illegally. Who knows, MSP might even be able to obtain a search warrant based upon a prohibited person applying for a CCW permit.

He is a novel idea, make it a form of perjury or a crime, to provide false information on a CCW permit application.

It's actually simpler to prove that she lied by looking up all of the cases against the HPRB by MSP and see if any were in regard to a prohibited person being granted a permit. If that were indeed the case, MSP would have immediately appealed the ruling to the Circuit Court to be overturned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom