• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I am getting the itch for a new edc pocketknife to add to the rotation. I love the axis lock.

Thought I wanted a Bugout, but the Hogue Deka looks to be a better knife... better handle material, G10 vs plastic on the Bugout, and better blade steel on the Deka as well. The Bugout is thinner, lighter, and has a better pocket clip.

and yes I know Hogue's support of the 2a community is better than Benchmade's.

Anyone have either and can recommend? Probably not much on the Deka yet, it is fairly new and selling out everywhere.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    I had been thinking about a Bugout too but I wasn't aware of the Deka. From the pictures, the Deka makes the Bugout look a little cheaper to me. In person could be different. I agree on the Deka's clip. Hogue's G-Mascus Dark Earth is pretty cool looking.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I had been thinking about a Bugout too but I wasn't aware of the Deka. From the pictures, the Deka makes the Bugout look a little cheaper to me. In person could be different. I agree on the Deka's clip. Hogue's G-Mascus Dark Earth is pretty cool looking.

yeah, Deka is pretty new, and sold out most places. the g-mascus is what I would go with for sure.
    initially I was really diggin this KnifeCenter exclusive version of the bugout

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BM...tlewash-grivory-handles-knifecenter-exclusive

until I saw the pics of the deka... now i am torn.. if I was only rich instead of so damn good looking, I would just get both...lol.

I have not seen either of them in person, so impressions might be different after handling them.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I have several benchmades and several hogue knives. The quality of hogue knives is easily on par, if not better than Benchmade, especially recently

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Can't really go wrong with either, the Deka is nice, awesome materials for the price, would snag one if you can find it in stock. The Bugout is really thin and super light weight, a little cheaper too. There is also the Ritter RSK 2nd gen, slightly larger than the Deka, quite a bit larger than the Bugout. Based on the Griptilian, they are awesome, 20CV high grind drop point and G10 handle. https://knifeworks.com/doug-ritter-rsk-mk1-g2-knifeworks-exclusive-pre-order/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom