• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ENSF

Nov 22, 2008
    I do not want this post or thread to spiral. We report unsafe acts or significant violations as we are required to do. These happen all of the time and most times involve our volunteer range officers in the middle.

The suppressor issue is one that we are to let NRP know about. That is based on past experiences with those that are legal and those that are not. We have had our fair share of self made ones at the ranges that have become an issue for all parties. Deciding what is legal verses illegal is up to Police, not us. Being asked to provide the paperwork is not going overboard by the agency responsible.

We are not here to prohibit your rights. We do all that we can to keep the facility open for all to use.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    It appears that the rules, like most of the laws, were written by those lacking knowledge of firearms, suppressors, and ATF requirements! Can't blame the RSOs for doing what the idiots have mandated.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Thanks for sharing the procedures when encountering suppressors. I can hear the range but rarely go there any longer, but it’s good to know to leave the suppressors at home. I appreciate your work in keeping it running.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    I was that employee that came to the ranges over the weekend and interacted with you. As always with this site, information is always not relayed.

When I arrived, there were two persons on the pistol range down range changing a target. Both smoking and entered the firing line pavilion smoking. I pointed out the fact that state law, not our rules prohibit that as politely as I could.

As always, we check for permits which one of you left in your car that was parked in the posted reserved handicap parking spot. You were then asked if you had a handicap tag or sticker and were asked to move the car after answering that you did not. I seem to recall the answer given is that you were the only ones there.

We are required by our agency policies to notify NRP if we see a suppressor on the ranges. Nothing was said to you by me about that so any confusion over the legal possession is not our doing.

If you feel that I was rude to you in any way please file a complaint.

My name is Shawn Day.

That seems to be a standard there any time I’ve been there there has always been people without handicapped plates or hang tag parked in the handicap parking area, not even elderly type ... always young healthy people when asked to move their cars to the lot where they belong they cop an attitude and start running their mouths ....which added to the laundry list or reasons I stopped going there at all.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I haven't been to ENSF in years, but I was thinking about heading up there to give a crossbow a few shots. Where is the bow range in relation to the rifle/pistol ranges? What should a novice crossbow shooter bring/know prior to going to ENSF to try to stick some holes in his target block? I PM'ed the ranger for some information, but it doesn't appear that he has logged onto MDS in months.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    I’m not 100% sure ..but I believe it’s on the right side of the main road across from the pistol/rifle range.... It’s been years since I’ve been there as it’s such a shit show.. but I think I remember seeing people parking by the bathroom side of the lot and walking across the street with archery gear

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    It is on the opposite side of the road from the rifle/pistol ranges. Unfortunately that is the extent of the info that I have. As an FYI, annual passes can be purchased at Herb’s Tackle Shop on Main Street in North East. I had heard that due to the virus they were online only but my wife purchased a pass in-store this past Saturday.

As far as the rifle range being a shit show, unfortunately it can be at times. I don’t usually go on Saturday to avoid the crowds and shenanigans. I went this past Saturday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowd. There was no RSO on site. There was a family to one end with a disinterested mom and little kids moving around enough to make me nervous. While dad went over to the shotgun area, mom and kids stayed at their spot on the rifle range. Mom repeatedly did not acknowledge calls for a cold range. Fortunately the ~12 y/o daughter who was shooting appeared to be well trained and disciplined and had that part under control.

A few guys showed up to test their new AR and while I (and the AR owner) was down range during a cease fire, the owner’s buddy was loading and aiming the rifle down range. My wife quickly reminded him to put it down. We wrapped up and left shortly afterward.

I live close, so it’s not a big deal for me to turn around and leave if it doesn’t feel right. If I had a long drive, I’d be looking at other options.

I understand that it is better than in years past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom