• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgoodsoil

Aug 24, 2020
    Got my first PCP! It's a Kral Puncher Breaker Silent .22. I couldn't be happier with it. The trigger is the nicest I've ever had and the side lever is super smooth and snickety.

kral_tank-M.jpg

I'm getting 5/8" groups at 40 yards with JSB Exact Heavies (18g). From a bag it's pretty rare for me to miss an army man.

kral_soldier-M.jpg

It's taught me a lesson about scopes: magnification doesn't matter at this range. I don't shoot any better at 24x than I do at 6x. The gun's HEAVY--8.5 pounds by itself. It's not a big-enough deal for me to change it but if I had it to do over again I'd have gotten a Bug Buster 3-9x32 instead of the behemoth I bought. I could drop a pound off the overall weight. Ah well, hindsight

At full power I'm getting 4 magazines(48 shots) going from 200 down to 100 bar. The last 3 or 4 shots sometimes drop a little--about 1/2" at most. I can't see myself putting a regulator in it.

I've got a paintball tank to fill it but I don't bother. at home. It takes less than a minute to pump it back up with the Yong Heng compressor. They're nice and portable to take on a hunt though since they fit right in the case.

kral_case-M.jpg

Already got my first squirrel!

kral-M.jpg

kral_squirrel-M.jpg

I think I was moving too fast last weekend and only got the one. I bet I scared away a bunch that I never saw. I'm hoping for a few more this weekend if I can walk with a bit more patience.

I got a cheap shooting stick to try out. Seems a lot better than a tree so far and it's pretty quick to adjust. We'll see how it goes.

I'm going on Saturday since deer season is closed to archery that day. I bet I have Myrtle Grove mostly to myself. Wish me luck!

kral_stick-M.jpg

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Nice pick up. The Kral will not need a regulator for hunting. They have a great valve in them for a pretty long flat shot string. I had one an put it on a diet. Lost 12oz.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/bullpup-on-a-weight-loss-program/

I even wound up making an adjustable butt stock for it. The Burris shown on it below is a really lightweight scope

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-wtt-customized-kral-puncher-breaker/

Still wasn't enough so I wound up getting an FX Wildcat Compact in .25 that weighs in at just a hair over 6lb un-scoped. I'm awaiting a 3-12x44 Veryon which is under 18oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom