• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I’ve been working on coming up with a deer load for my 444 marlin. My rifle seems to like the lighter bullets. I have been loading 240 gr xtp over h335 and I just picked up some reloader 7 and h4198 the other day to try.

The xtp are about the only 44 cal jacketed bullet I can find right now And they do shoot pretty good. The only thing that worries me is I am pushing them well past the velocity they where designed for as far as hunting. The rifle likes them fast so backing them way down didn’t fair so well For some reason.

So.. I acquired several hundred 240 gr cl sil a while back and I recently remembered I had them. I have some old data from hornady and it’s the same for the xtp. I’m curious if anybody has any experience with them. I’ve read about the silhouette crowd using them but havent seen anything about hunting with them. Sure they expanded when I fired them in to a dirt backstop with my 44 mag.

I’m probably overthinking the xtp effectiveness to take a deer but I don’t like leaving that to chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom