• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    I bought this case from home depot. I want to install some foam to line it. Thinking about a exercise mat.
    What type of foam do you suggest?
    How should I attach it to the box?
    Thanks
    Mike

Attachments

• 5856BD6C-9963-42BB-9D7D-CD90935B6D26.jpg
      5856BD6C-9963-42BB-9D7D-CD90935B6D26.jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 179

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Depends- what's the intended use?
    Exercise foam is durable and high impact resistant but might not provide a lot of cushioning. I'm thinking of 1/4 inch yoga mat material.

Amazon sells a number of 1.5" + thick foam which is what I would use.

I would use a thin layer of epoxy. I feel like double sided tape might be good but not a permanent solution. I'd avoid spray on adhesive, in my experience it's not super long lasting on plastic.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Depends on what you intend to store inside. For things that go bang, or for tools that might rust, I use a 2.2 lb closed cell cross-linked Polyethylene foam. This is more rigid and more durable that many other foam products. It will trap water inside any of the cells that are opened when you cut it to shape, but that's all on the surface and easily wiped up or evaporated. With closed cells, the water will not penetrate into the foam any farther than the surface; there is no wicking or sponge-like spread of water or other liquids that might get spilled inside. A bit more expensive but readily available. I bought 1" thick sheets of this that I layered and cut out in an equipment case I re-purposed for handguns.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Use closed cell foam and contact cement to glue it in. Make sure your contact cement says it is ok for foam.

This. I really like that tool box system. I've used a set of them for my tools for a few years (moderate use, not daily) and they have held up really well. I like them so much I'm setting up a second set for my leather working gear.

mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    This. I really like that tool box system. I've used a set of them for my tools for a few years (moderate use, not daily) and they have held up really well. I like them so much I'm setting up a second set for my leather working gear.

They have a 3 piece set on there Black Friday sale $99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom