• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I've build 2 rifles with these exact barrels. Excellent fit and finish and not over-gassed in my experience. I just wish they made it in midlegth.

Ballistic Advantage also makes an excellent and relatively inexpensive HBAR barrel, and mid-gas to boot. It's out of stock now but were available a few days ago for a short time. Even has HBAR stamped on it.

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/16-5-56-mid-length-hbar-barrel-modern-series.html

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Good find, OP.

Wish we had more choices for fluted HBARs these days for weight savings. The Faxons are expensive and eternally out of stock, and Wilson Arms doesn't seem to be producing them these days. I pretty much live on classified forums and grab them whenever they pop up at a reasonable price.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've build 2 rifles with these exact barrels. Excellent fit and finish and not over-gassed in my experience. I just wish they made it in midlegth.

Ballistic Advantage also makes an excellent and relatively inexpensive HBAR barrel, and mid-gas to boot. It's out of stock now but were available a few days ago for a short time. Even has HBAR stamped on it.

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/16-5-56-mid-length-hbar-barrel-modern-series.html

I was supposed to be on the list for that one but I never got the email. There's always Criterion if you've gotta have mid-length gas.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Is it a major deal that it doesn’t have the dimple? May just order one.

For $30 or so you can get a dimple jig and drill the dimple yourself. I feel like the dimple does more to get the gas block properly aligned than it does for making a secure installation. Toss on a little Rocksett and it's not going anywhere.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    BA never emailed me either. I just got lucky when I checked.

What is strange is that they seem to use the exact same web service as Aero Precision... Aero's in stock notifications work like a charm. BA's have never worked for me.

That is strange. Aero's has worked very well for me over the last several months as well. And Sunday I was able to get an adjustable gas block thanks to the notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom