Attachments

• A1F6D312-1B7A-4F25-87BB-7DFBCD3EEF47.jpg
      A1F6D312-1B7A-4F25-87BB-7DFBCD3EEF47.jpg
      106.6 KB · Views: 514

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Ok, OPTactical needs to calm down. Order placed at 11:42 today. . . shipping confirmation WITH tracking number at 11:54. :party29: Just grabbed some medical accessories like tourniquet holders plus 3 extra tourniquets.

And I finally got a shipping notice from Crye. . .but its just the cummerbund.:lol2: Another month for the rest of the rig.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    So my Crye Airlite SPC backorder has been delayed another 2 weeks. I ordered direct from Crye. Every delay Crye has, surprisingly, taking a bit off the order. Now its $30 cheaper! But I still dont have it in hand. . .and its been 5 months. . .:rolleyes:

They are now predicting a 11/24 ship date. But I did get the cummerbund in over a month ago. :lol2:

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So my Crye Airlite SPC backorder has been delayed another 2 weeks. I ordered direct from Crye. Every delay Crye has, surprisingly, taking a bit off the order. Now its $30 cheaper! But I still dont have it in hand. . .and its been 5 months. . .:rolleyes:

They are now predicting a 11/24 ship date. But I did get the cummerbund in over a month ago. :lol2:

Sounds like a preorder I placed in January. Still don't have it. (not a plate carrier, but still know the annoyance of these long waits)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I ordered a Cannae plate carrier with two Level III soft armor pads for $375 to my door. Got here in 3 days. They didn't have Level IV in stock, so went with what they had. Kind of bulky, but not really heavy. Good enough for walking the dog in the morning.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Sounds like a preorder I placed in January. Still don't have it. (not a plate carrier, but still know the annoyance of these long waits)

lol! Delayed again. . .January 2021 is the new expected ship date. . .Crye is such a joke. They are to busy making masks I guess. . .:sad20:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    lol! Delayed again. . .January 2021 is the new expected ship date. . .Crye is such a joke. They are to busy making masks I guess. . .:sad20:

That Crye plate carrier better be the most incredible thing ever. There has to be something comparable that is actually in stock. I would have cancelled my order by now.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    So are we LARP (Live Action Role Play) douchebags for talking about this and not being in Law Enforcement or Active/Prior Military? Asking for a friend:innocent0

Q

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    So are we LARP (Live Action Role Play) douchebags for talking about this and not being in Law Enforcement or Active/Prior Military? Asking for a friend:innocent0

Q

Nah--- you're good my friend. You do you...fug the naysayers...'Merica!

Jul 16, 2020

Q

You're only a LARPer if the time comes and after a lot of talk you don't go all-in. I know a lot of guys that buy plate carriers and such and have never even fitted them. I go for pack marches on the trail near my house every week and have started working my plate carrier into my setup. It's a lot more difficult than I remember my patrolling days being back when I was in my early 20's.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Not sure I ever shared my setup...

T3 Tomahawk "Lo Vis" carrier, ShotStop GT2 plates, Haley Strategic D3CRM MICRO chest rig attached to the carrier. All in all, it's very lightweight and (even with the chest rig) low profile. I carry 2 G17 mags, 3 AR mags, a tourniquet and IFAK. Can build on it if I need to (i.e. add a radio holder), but I'm pretty happy with it and plan to keep it as is/simple.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    That Crye plate carrier better be the most incredible thing ever. There has to be something comparable that is actually in stock. I would have cancelled my order by now.

So, I sent a sternly worded email to Crye about the BS (I may have spelled that out in my little note :innocent0) they are pulling. . .order shipped a few hours ago.:lol2: But they are still holding on to one of the pouches I ordered until January 2021 but at least I will finally have the complete vest plus the M4 mag shingle. At least the vest was $40 off due to all the delays lol.

I want the SPC because its basically impervious to water. I have been in really hot weather with soaked gear in crazy high humidity and its just horrible so a main line vest that wont hold water is going to be amazing.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    You're only a LARPer if the time comes and after a lot of talk you don't go all-in. I know a lot of guys that buy plate carriers and such and have never even fitted them. I go for pack marches on the trail near my house every week and have started working my plate carrier into my setup. It's a lot more difficult than I remember my patrolling days being back when I was in my early 20's.

I have been doing laps on my property. Dont really want to wander down the neighborhood street all geared up. Has not gotten that bad yet. :innocent0

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    So, I sent a sternly worded email to Crye about the BS (I may have spelled that out in my little note :innocent0) they are pulling. . .order shipped a few hours ago.:lol2: But they are still holding on to one of the pouches I ordered until January 2021 but at least I will finally have the complete vest plus the M4 mag shingle. At least the vest was $40 off due to all the delays lol.

I want the SPC because its basically impervious to water. I have been in really hot weather with soaked gear in crazy high humidity and its just horrible so a main line vest that wont hold water is going to be amazing.

Good to hear it’s finally shipped. But it’s that sort of BS that would make me not order to Crye. “Your order keeps getting delayed and we won’t ship it until 2021”. You send an order complaining, and boom,it’s shippped. What happened to 2021? :confused:

Happy Thanksgiving!

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Good to hear it’s finally shipped. But it’s that sort of BS that would make me not order to Crye. “Your order keeps getting delayed and we won’t ship it until 2021”. You send an order complaining, and boom,it’s shippped. What happened to 2021? :confused:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking!:rolleyes:

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Vest part finally came in this morning. Spent about an hour getting it fitted and then I have been just wearing it around the house for the past hour or 2.
    Overall its really nice and I am liking the way it fits. The blue plates are the Team Wendy training plates. lvl4's are waiting on the shelf. Now I just need to get a Haley Strategic Flat pack to attach to the back panel and find a good spot for medical and the rig is basically done.

Tip for sizing if anyone is looking to get one. The cummerbund I got was the Medium. The Crye sizing chart shows that Medium is for a 37-40 in chest. I am 6' tall, 190-195 lbs, 32 in waist, and have a 39-40 in chest (I just did the measurements before posting). The Medium cummerbund is HUGE! I have it installed as small as I can possibly get it and it has just the right tension but I think the Small would have been fine and much easier to rig. So, if you find yourself debating between Small and Medium Cummerbund, get the Small.

Now the question is: Do I spray paint my black plates before putting them in the rig?

20201128_182446 by nifty, on Flickr

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Hey folks. Looking at getting some body armor for the family. Looking at Level IV, front, back and sides + carrier. I am looking at 2 sources:

RTS Tactical
    LA Police Gear

No one seems to have bought RTS tactical equipment here, but there are quite a few who have LA Police Gear. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom