• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I sent in two letters. The first, the US mail "corrected" the address on the internet. After that I sent a second one in out of abundance of caution. I ended up eventually getting both back.

For the first, where the address was "corrected" I never got delivery proof even though I got the ATF letter back stamped no action with a case #.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Second letter - Priority Mail dtd 9/26. BATF/E received 9/27.

Initial letter - RRR dtd 9/17. Green card in my mailbox 10/18.

Neither letter returned by BATF/E as of yet.

ATF "Return Without Action" dtd Oct 11 was received today, Oct 29th, bearing file #19-0865.

In that envelope was an ATF Special Advisory with an original date of Apr 24th with an additional date of Sep 18th at the bottom of the SA. The crux of that missive: "ATF is without legal authority to accept and process such an application...ATF regrets any confusion and inconvenience caused by the provisions of the MD statute that mistakenly indicate ATF has the authority to approve possession of devices covered by the statute"

Today's mail brought the ATF response to my initial letter (highlighted above). Returned without action...number 19-1505.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Edit or delete the above. Rapid fire activators, to include bump stocks, hellfire triggers, binary triggers, trigger cranks, etc. Became contraband on Oct 1st. If you owned such devices before October 1st and you applied to ATF for authorization to continue to possess, you can have them in the State until Sept 30, 2019. At that point you need to have received authorization for continued grandfathered possession, which is not going to happen, since the ATF is returning all requests without action.

That's the Cliff Notes version.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    When they ban magazines that hold 10 round or more are all of you going to turn those in?
    What about parts kits that could be used in those scary "Ghost Guns" ??

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    When they ban magazines that hold 10 round or more are all of you going to turn those in?
    What about parts kits that could be used in those scary "Ghost Guns" ??

No. they would not turn them in, but the more likely scenario is that people would let one person after another individually catch a felony charge as opposed to standing together. Americans don't seem to have the solidarity that they once did to ban together and email and csll politicians on the telephone and write really long letter to force them to stop infringing.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    No. they would not turn them in, but the more likely scenario is that people would let one person after another individually catch a felony charge as opposed to standing together. Americans don't seem to have the solidarity that they once did to ban together and email and csll politicians on the telephone and write really long letter to force them to stop infringing.

The founding fathers didn’t write really long letters to the British.

They shot them.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

They shot them.

They ABSOLUTELY wrote long letters to the British. There was this one really big important one called "The Declaration of Independence."

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

The states with bans on mags and certain guns have not yet started doing this. Until they do, its not likely to domino thru

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    At some point the states that refuse to follow the Constitution need to be excused from the Union. I don’t see how we get to a permanent solution on this when states like MD can lose a SCOTUS case and just pass another law that’s similar and force it’s people to have to fight it out all over again with no penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG

They shot them.

96vqvq1bdlo01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom