• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Not for myself, but for my 96 year old mother-in-law who is in a nursing home. We stocked up in January on incontinence supplies, which are not included in her monthly fee. She’s not running low yet, but we checked several on-line sources in anticipation of having to order more for direct shipment to the nursing home. IF they are available the prices have tripled.

Damned video gamers expecting to be home for a while, increasing demand and driving prices up.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Not for myself, but for my 96 year old mother-in-law who is in a nursing home. We stocked up in January on incontinence supplies, which are not included in her monthly fee. She’s not running low yet, but we checked several on-line sources in anticipation of having to order more for direct shipment to the nursing home. IF they are available the prices have tripled.

My wife tried to supply Depends for her 97 year old mother whose in a nursing home BUT they told her “sorry, we have to provide all her supplies” so they add that cost to her monthly bill. She’s waiting to see how high that goes now. Don’t quite understand why A LOT of stuff not related in any way to this CoronaVirus has doubled or tripled in price. Totally sucks for people on a fixed income.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    My wife tried to supply Depends for her 97 year old mother whose in a nursing home BUT they told her “sorry, we have to provide all her supplies” so they add that cost to her monthly bill. She’s waiting to see how high that goes now. Don’t quite understand why A LOT of stuff not related in any way to this CoronaVirus has doubled or tripled in price. Totally sucks for people on a fixed income.

The Amazon price was the highest. The supplier was a third party who probably saw an opportunity. Costco was out of stock. CVS was only a little more than double the pre-crisis price and they had free delivery to the nursing home. I really didn’t expect these to be high demand products.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So, I have a bandoleer and stripper clips coming from SARCO for my SKS. It's less cumbersome than the FAL and ammo is more plentiful than .308/7.62NATO these days, so it's my go-to bugout rifle. Placed the order a week and a half ago and it JUST shipped today. I guess things are really tough for them on the PA/NJ border. Customer service gal told me she and the other customer service folks are working from home. Only minimal warehouse staff for picking/shipping orders despite the fact that they're getting orders for gear and parts like crazy right now. Hoping to get an Argentine bipod for my Argie FAL from ARS out of Arizona, but worried they may be in the same long-wait mode.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Almost ten days after ordering, my Omaha Steaks package arrived. Freezer is small but now it’s also full. The longer we go on frozen or canned, the longer we don’t have to hit the storage locker (read dehydrated and freeze dried). There’s something reassuring about opening a cooler full of good meat. The couple desserts that were in the package deal will be welcome too as my basement stores don’t include much in the way of sweets per se.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Got the last on my list. These should last well past the next pandemic.

Attachments

• 970FFF56-805A-442B-B3F0-87CFA6C58F61.jpg
      970FFF56-805A-442B-B3F0-87CFA6C58F61.jpg
      80.4 KB · Views: 339

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    72 rolls of toilet paper, should last a septic tank or two

Attachments

• 156036C3-1531-4FAE-BA5F-AA3CA118E73F.jpg
      156036C3-1531-4FAE-BA5F-AA3CA118E73F.jpg
      53.8 KB · Views: 279

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I found 20 pounds of Jasmine rice today. It went into six half gallon mason jars, 90 minutes in the oven at 225, then the lids were vacuum sealed on with a 300cc oxygen absorber in each jar. The heat kills any living bugs and weevils and the vacuum and o2 absorber will ensure any bugs that hatch from eggs later on are quickly suffocated. Packed this way and stored at a cool temperature away from sunlight this rice will last 20-30 years.

Since I have so many dry beans put away I bought a cast iron bean pot on eBay today.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    PS Alphabrew...what’s your address?? Asking for a friend.

Haha, if you need TP, keep checking Amazon. It comes up every hour or so and sells out in 3-4 mins. But if you check often enough you can def get some. Same deal with paper towels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom