• hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Locals only?
    How’s that work?

https://www.facebook.com/oceancitytoday/

Last night’s stunning declaration by Mayor Rick Meehan that Ocean City’s beach and Boardwalk would be opened this Saturday was reversed late Monday evening in an equally remarkable joint statement from the mayor and City Council and Gov. Larry Hogan.

The joint statement said last night’s declaration opening the boards and beach applied only to resort residents, who already were permitted access to both under the original emergency declaration the mayor issued on March 22.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    https://www.facebook.com/oceancitytoday/

Last night’s stunning declaration by Mayor Rick Meehan that Ocean City’s beach and Boardwalk would be opened this Saturday was reversed late Monday evening in an equally remarkable joint statement from the mayor and City Council and Gov. Larry Hogan.

The joint statement said last night’s declaration opening the boards and beach applied only to resort residents, who already were permitted access to both under the original emergency declaration the mayor issued on March 22.

Meehan returned Hitler's favor by announcing that law enforcement won't be enforcing that.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Meehan returned Hitler's favor by announcing that law enforcement won't be enforcing that.

fat larry.jpg

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Townies v Out of Townies, at the behest of the Mayor and the King of Maryland...no, thanks. Yet another reason, of many, to not waste any of my money in OC.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Townies v Out of Townies, at the behest of the Mayor and the King of Maryland...no, thanks. Yet another reason, of many, to not waste any of my money in OC.

I"m not intertwined into the local politics (2nd home in Ocean Pines) but I have a feeling the OC Mayor is very tuned with the economic impact and is not a Local vs Tourist type of person. Sounds more like the Mayor is fighting w/ Leisure Suit Larry.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I"m not intertwined into the local politics (2nd home in Ocean Pines) but I have a feeling the OC Mayor is very tuned with the economic impact and is not a Local vs Tourist type of person. Sounds more like the Mayor is fighting w/ Leisure Suit Larry.

That is definitely the case. I don't think there would have been a problem had Cox not filed suit. Hitler is going to wait to see if he can beat it.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I heard today they built a wall to keep people off the boardwalk in Rehoboth.
    I haven't seen it yet and probably wont but sounds like they mean business. I wonder what would happen if it gets defaced with graffiti like the Berlin wall or if it resembles the great wall of China.
    Pink Floyd the wall is what they'll probably call it.:o

This harkens back to the USG not having money to be open yet the can put up barriers around memorials to keep people out.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

He knows that if he doesn't open the town is screwed. They are so dependent on the tourist season. The mayor is trying to keep his city alive.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    That's exactly what they should be doing. Kings are to be ignored.

Indeed!

That idiot won't be happy until all of the businesses file for bankruptcy. The Town of Reho is ultra liberal as well. People are getting pissed, local people.

That's what he's counting on. That and getting the state some stimulus from Uncle Sam.

So DE has 5288 positives out of a presumed total of 24,110 tested, and 182 deaths.

21% of those tested had Wuhan Flu. 3.4% of the positives died. So 0.75% (that's less than 1%, for the arithmetically challenged) of all persons tested died. Doesn't seem too terribly terrifying, especially considering that a large fraction of the deaths were presumably compromised seniors in nursing homes if DE's trend follows MD. Also, it's reasonable to presume that the tests were not random, meaning that they were selected as possible Wuhan Flu patients

But they don't count on you knowing math and figuring this out.

Local restaurants and businesses will be "allowed" to open for curbside/carryout only. Good for OC! I will be there with rod in hand. Screw Fat "Grimace" Larry.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    People with 2nd home/properties will likely be out there. For those with a 2nd home, its about that time that people go out there and do maintenance/upkeep.
    For those with rental properties, its that time that they are going there to clean up/maintenance in anticipation for weekly rental season.
    People with 2nd home/properties will be out there putting their boats in the water, dealing with stuff related to maintenance etc.
    For Hotels and seasonal activities, Workers are headed there in May to acquire housing and settle into jobs (if there are any).
    The next 2 weeks are a normal (IMO) uptick time for activity over in OC.

I'm expecting hotel/condo rentals will be down this year, but the property owners will be out there using their properties on the weekends.
    It may also be the case (who knows) that people who planned on international travel for vacations will instead look more local for vacations or at least within the country.
    People may elect to go with condo/home rentals instead of more crowded hotels.
    There is going to be a change.

My typical phrase I say at my work is :
    "The only thing consistent in this world is change" along with "the people and companies who do well in life and business are able to deal with and make benefit from change"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom