• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    My Crosman Custom Shop 2300KT and Webley Hurricane.

Attachments

• Airguns.jpg
      Airguns.jpg
      93.8 KB · Views: 283

bgoodsoil

Aug 24, 2020
    I converted a KWC Tanfoglio replica and a Crosman DPMS to HPA. The drop-off in pressure using CO2 for speed shooting was a little annoying. I'm running them off a paintball tank I keep in a belt pouch. Full auto on HPA is ROWDY :D

20200824_212736-L1.jpg

20200824_213555-X1.jpg

I bought a Benjamin Trail about 3 months ago that I'm already looking to sell. I was having fun with the BB guns then when I tried the pellet rifle I was HOOKED. It's a fine gun but I'm getting impatient with the single-shot-cycle and artillery hold.

20200626_154200-X1.jpg

I wedged a Yong Heng compressor in between the welder, tire pump and battery chargers in the shop and now I'm on the hunt for my first PCP.

20200812_140918-X1.jpg

I'm an archer at heart but I'm having a lot of fun with air guns in the yard. I reloaded firearms ammunition a long time ago but that hobby got too expensive and inconvenient. I don't want to drive 2 hours round trip to shoot something. Air rifles are letting me enjoy the hobby of shooting again. I'm putting several real firearms up on GunBroker that have been collecting dust for years and I'm pretty happy with the trade.

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    War Dept gift

War Department (wife) bought me a SIG Sauer MCX Virtus PCP Air Rifle.
    She was aggravated by some trash birds and requested I take care of the mission...of course during the mission analysis I required some new kit and thusly the War Dept provided funding.

Attachments

• Sig.jpg
      Sig.jpg
      40.1 KB · Views: 211

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    20200626_154200-X1.jpg

I'm an archer at heart but I'm having a lot of fun with air guns in the yard. I reloaded firearms ammunition a long time ago but that hobby got too expensive and inconvenient. I don't want to drive 2 hours round trip to shoot something. Air rifles are letting me enjoy the hobby of shooting again. I'm putting several real firearms up on GunBroker that have been collecting dust for years and I'm pretty happy with the trade.

Is that an old 850-T Moto Guzzi at the back? That will make a nice project if you have time. Restore it or turn it into a cafe racer look.

bgoodsoil

Aug 24, 2020
    v50. And it'll never get restored. I don't want anyone ruining my yard Guzzi by making it run again :D I plan to leave it under that magnolia til I retire in, oh, 20 years or so.

I helped a friend restore a Guzzi and we pulled the heads off this one. The bolts snapped and I had to extract them but the heads were actually still good. I couldn't believe it. That thing looked like it was pulled from the bottom of the ocean.

I'm an air-cooled BMW guy myself. This was the first time I'd worked on a Guzzi. It was all the same stuff--pushrods, dry clutch, easily-accessed carbs. It's so simple and easy to work on.

I'm ruined for working on Japanese bikes. If someone shows up to the shop with an inline-4, I answer the door with a gun in my hand :D

Last edited:

bgoodsoil

Aug 24, 2020
    That Sig is so damn cool. I love the use of bottles for air. It seems like such a simple way to get a large volume of regulated air.

I looked at the Sig but went with the Crosman because I wanted the speed-loading ability of BBs. Pellets are more accurate but loading each one individually would drive me mad.

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    Agree on the Sig and it has a seating tool to push the pellets into a seat...slow. Probably not a bad thing cause semi PCP sends them as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom