• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    September Match Registrations are now open.

"Outlaw" Steel Challenge - Sunday September 6th

https://practiscore.com/agc-outlaw-steel-challenge-match-3/register

3 Gun Match - Saturday, September 12th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-saturday-septemer-12-2020/register

We do have the 200 yard range in September, October and November. That said, your longest shot will be 215 yards. You will also need at least 4 SLUGS for this match.

IDPA Match - Saturday, September 19th

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tier-1-match-saturday-september-19th-1/register

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It's a little academic unless there's room for me and the missus, but how bad is the wait list (which we're on, for the outlaw steel match), out of curiosity. Might help to know if I need the "So, you're saying there's a chance?" meme or not.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    It's a little academic unless there's room for me and the missus, but how bad is the wait list (which we're on, for the outlaw steel match), out of curiosity. Might help to know if I need the "So, you're saying there's a chance?" meme or not.

You are first and second on the wait list. Plan on coming.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Picked up the Jogging Buggy.... Conversation got awkward when she asked how old my kid was.... LoL.....

We bought a used one that Katie found...online somehow. The seller seemed like one of the good folks, so we told her our intent. She said that she had already sold another one, that had the same destiny. It was almost like she had some seller's regret and she hinted that she was going to have a conversation with her husband about why they weren't using the strollers for their own guns.:D

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We're in for Steel, but I don't think we are going to do 3gun this month. :sad20: Katie has obligations on Saturdays that are hard to get out of. I've made some progress with my tendonitis, but I'm worried that the frantic handling of rifle and shotgun will set me back. Also, my follow up appointment is the week after...I don't want to undo all the healing that's happened right before I see the doc again.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    I would like to register and shoot. I am so new to this stuff any experienced person care to share from a personal POV!

Not really “experienced” so much as an obsessed handgun semi-newb who is about to do his second steel match. Have you signed up yet? As I believe Stoveman told me, if you have the appropriate gear you’re good to go (at AGC at least). If you want to PM me I can give you some pointers to get ready for a first match. I’ve at least had enough formal instruction that I can give you the getting started rundown, though definitely look to the experienced members for tips on how to do well, because I’m going to suck at it for awhile.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not really “experienced” so much as an obsessed handgun semi-newb who is about to do his second steel match. Have you signed up yet? As I believe Stoveman told me, if you have the appropriate gear you’re good to go (at AGC at least). If you want to PM me I can give you some pointers to get ready for a first match. I’ve at least had enough formal instruction that I can give you the getting started rundown, though definitely look to the experienced members for tips on how to do well, because I’m going to suck at it for awhile.

Absolutely correct.

Ideal list of equipment:

Striker fired handgun
    As many extra mags as you have
    Kydex holster
    Double or more mag holster
    Gun belt
    Eye (wraparound, we're shooting steel) & ear pro
    Good attitude and ready to have fun

Minimum requirement:

Handgun
    Eye & ear pro

If you don't have a holster you can always shoot from the low ready position. No mag holsters are okay, just wear some pants/shorts with pockets and leave the gym shorts or sweats at home.

These are just club matches, we're shooting for pride, not prizes so they are very noob friendly. You will shoot last or near last so you can see what other people are doing on the stage before you shoot, just let your RSO know that this is your first time and we'll be gentle, promise.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I am signed up for two spots in squad 2. I would be willing to give up my second spot if it helps get Occam and Mrs. Occam in.

There are 10 guns on the waitlist. Mr and Mrs Occam are number 1,2, and 3. Past experience has shown that anywhere from 10% to 15% Of registered guns will withdraw after I send the mid week “ Don’t forget you’re registered and bring enough magazines” email. I am 100% certain that they will be able to shoot, just not sure which squad yet. No need for anyone to withdraw unless they can’t make it. Even if we get no withdrawals, I think I know a guy that can approve them to shoot anyway.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Damn family vacations getting in the way of shooting this summer ;-) I'm going to miss the Steel Challenge and 3 Gun events this month unfortunately. I'm bummed that I still haven't gotten to shoot a falling steel stage at AGC. I might sign up for the IDPA match in late Sept to get out and shoot and get some practice with my CCW.

Is there a "just for fun" option for shooting IDPA matches? Technically my shield doesn't qualify because it's ported. Actually if that exists, I might just shoot with my Czechmate ;-)

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Damn family vacations getting in the way of shooting this summer ;-) I'm going to miss the Steel Challenge and 3 Gun events this month unfortunately. I'm bummed that I still haven't gotten to shoot a falling steel stage at AGC. I might sign up for the IDPA match in late Sept to get out and shoot and get some practice with my CCW.

Is there a "just for fun" option for shooting IDPA matches? Technically my shield doesn't qualify because it's ported. Actually if that exists, I might just shoot with my Czechmate ;-)

Will you be out of town on Thursday, September 10th? Rick and I are taking a field trip to the PSA Shootout to see how a real Falling Steel Match is run. Regisger and ride with us. We are also picking up another load of toys while we are there. We can use some muscle.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...hUKEwi3iafq_cLrAhWtmHIEHQmVBf8Q4dUDCAg&uact=5

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Will you be out of town on Thursday, September 10th? Rick and I are taking a field trip to the PSA Shootout to see how a real Falling Steel Match is run. Regisger and ride with us. We are also picking up another load of toys while we are there. We can use some muscle.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...hUKEwi3iafq_cLrAhWtmHIEHQmVBf8Q4dUDCAg&uact=5

I will be out of town unfortunately, I would totally be in otherwise. Either you or Rick had mentioned this before and I really want to go, just can't deconflict from family vacation. Appreciate the invite!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Absolutely correct.

Ideal list of equipment:

Striker fired handgun
    Kydex holster
    Double or more mag holster
    Gun belt
    Eye (wraparound, we're shooting steel) & ear pro

Minimum requirement:

Handgun
    Eye & ear pro

If you don't have a holster you can always shoot from the low ready position. No mag holsters are okay, just wear some pants/shorts with pockets and leave the gym shorts or sweats at home.

These are just club matches, we're shooting for pride, not prizes so they are very noob friendly. You will shoot last or near last so you can see what other people are doing on the stage before you shoot, just let your RSO know that this is your first time and we'll be gentle, promise.

Stoveman spells it out well in his post. I’ve been shooting Steel Challenge matches there for about nine months and it’s awesome. I will say the first match I went to I was nervous but everyone I shot with made me feel right at home.
    It doesn’t take long to get the hang of it and it will be tons of fun.
    Do yourself a favor and register for the September one, you’ll be waitlisted but there’s still a good chance that you’ll be able to shoot.
    You won’t regret it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I am signed up for two spots in squad 2. I would be willing to give up my second spot if it helps get Occam and Mrs. Occam in.

There are 10 guns on the waitlist. Mr and Mrs Occam are number 1,2, and 3. Past experience has shown that anywhere from 10% to 15% Of registered guns will withdraw after I send the mid week “ Don’t forget you’re registered and bring enough magazines” email. I am 100% certain that they will be able to shoot, just not sure which squad yet. No need for anyone to withdraw unless they can’t make it. Even if we get no withdrawals, I think I know a guy that can approve them to shoot anyway.

What a great sub-culture this is, and thanks both of you for thinking of us. However it shakes out, it shakes out. Me and the Missus are both right back into Super Duper Rusty on all of this for lack of practice time/opportunity, so if we can play, that'll be great - but don't rock anyone else's boat! Thanks again, you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom