• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I found this old Crossman pellet rifle in my old stuff

It used to work great but has been neglected for 25 years. I still remember taking the stock off and doing a full refinishing of it when I was like 10 (Stock looks brand new!)

I am guessing there is a seal broken because when I pump it I can hear the air rushing right out (like when you try to pump up a bike tire with a hole in it)

Is that a self serviceable repair? The rifle isn't worth paying to be fixed. But if there is a $1 O ring solution it'd be worth rehabbing it for a back yard target shooter

Everything looks sealed though. I can't find a way to disassemble the air chamber

Attachments

• 20200829_103823.jpg
      20200829_103823.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 171

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I found this old Crossman pellet rifle in my old stuff

It used to work great but has been neglected for 25 years. I still remember taking the stock off and doing a full refinishing of it when I was like 10 (Stock looks brand new!)

I am guessing there is a seal broken because when I pump it I can hear the air rushing right out (like when you try to pump up a bike tire with a hole in it)

Is that a self serviceable repair? The rifle isn't worth paying to be fixed. But if there is a $1 O ring solution it'd be worth rehabbing it for a back yard target shooter

Everything looks sealed though. I can't find a way to disassemble the air chamber

This is the Crossman 140, wow this is old. It sound like a dried out leather piston which you can fashion out of some old leather shoe tongue. I use to have the Benjamin that look like that. Brings back memories to me. I'm there are repair video of this on yotube.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    This is the Crossman 140, wow this is old. It sound like a dried out leather piston which you can fashion out of some old leather shoe tongue. I use to have the Benjamin that look like that. Brings back memories to me. I'm there are repair video of this on yotube.

Yes! It is a 140

Great eye!

How old do you think it is? I got it used like 35 years ago.

Barrel is a little rusty on the outside. Bore seems pretty clean though. Should still make a fine can plinker

I will look up a YouTube video. Thanks for the tip! (That's what she said)

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Yes! It is a 140

Great eye!

How old do you think it is? I got it used like 35 years ago.

Barrel is a little rusty on the outside. Bore seems pretty clean though. Should still make a fine can plinker

I will look up a YouTube video. Thanks for the tip! (That's what she said)

If this is the steel barrel model, I think they ifrst came out mid 1950.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Found the videos on YouTube and took it half apart

Pretty sure the pump seal is fine because it pumps and air comes right out of the chamber. I think it's the seal that holds the pressure after it is pumped.

I didn't get that apart today but at least now I know what the problem is and where to find the repair video and where to find replacement parts

(I mean....it is a pellet gun. I could just buy a brand new one because they are affordable....but where is the fun in that?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom