Jan 28, 2009
    Any ideas?
    And, is 380-400 enough firepower?
    Thanks.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Why semi auto? That makes it much tougher to find one with enough power and likely ties you to CO2 canisters.

Watch the speeds given by the makers, most are with very light alloy pellets.

Are you willing to get into a PCP one?

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Try a CO2 pellet gun. At close range, with good placement, they die, but they leave a bloody mess. You could also get a trash stick and jab them if they are feeding on some bait garbage. Takes a bit of practice, but it works.

Trap and drown is the cleanest method I've found for rats and squirrels.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Machine gun maybe??

w1O4ABr.jpg

Nah, anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When you use the New Posts feature using your phone , it just shows the thread title , and not the sub forum . So I clicked here intending to say " any .22lr pistol accurate enough to hit a ping pong ball at 10 yds " . But alas , this is Air Guns .

I actually do have experience shooting rats with various things . There are rats , and there are RATS , and my experiences were with trophy sized , grain fed rats that had more in common with muskrats than mice . I had them take a charge of .22WMR rat shot @ 8 feet , and just laugh at me . A jumbo size rat takes some serious killing to put them down decisively .

I only casually keep up with the very latest introductions in air pistols . But the usual CO2 autoloaders don't have enough umph , unless it's for little baby , field mouse sized rats . For the big boys , you'd want at least a serious poundage spring break air Rifle .

Is there a reason for airgun on purpose ? If primarily concerned with damage to your barn/ shed/ whatever . the CCI .45 Colt shotshells are rat slayer par excellence within range ( 10 feet and under ) , and don't damage horse stall walls .

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I have used the exact opposite of what you were asking for for rats and mice inside and around barns, a multi pump crossman P1322. The advantage here is you can choose the power depending on the backstop. Shooting down against dirt, give the bastard 10 pumps. In front of some t1-11, give him with 5 pumps and finish him with a shovel if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom