• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Me and Mrs Occam back for more, on squad four. Surprised there are still open seats, broader ammo issues or no.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    October Match Registrations are now open.

"Outlaw" Steel Challenge is now 6 Full Stages of Falling Steel

Falling Steel Match - Saturday October 3rd

https://practiscore.com/agc-outlaw-steel-challenge-match-4/register

October's 3 Gun Match will be on the 3rd Sunday (10/18), not the Second Weekend of October

3 Gun Match - Sunday, October 18th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-sunday-october-18-2020-clone/register

We do have the 200 yard range in October and November. That said, your longest shot will be 215 yards. You will also need up to 4 SLUGS for this match.

IDPA Match - Saturday, October 17th

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tier-1-match-saturday-october-17th/register

Check in

8:00 am till 8:30 am. Safety brief at 8:30 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief in order to participate in the match.

Setup

We typically set up matches the day before. AGC badge holders are granted Range Badge Credits towards next years badge. If interested, please reach out to be added to the set up email list.

Arrival

Please bring your cased firearms to the Shooting Bays and uncase at a safe table. 3 gun carts are acceptable with Muzzles pointed down or straight up. Uncased long guns must be ACTIONS OPEN, ECI inserted and on SAFE.

Parking:

Please park on the gravel parking area near the Shooting Bays. You may also park at the 200 yard range and/or Memorial Hall.

Ammo restrictions:
    Pistol: 9mm-45 cal - no magnum

Rifle: .223/5.56 - No Steel Core

Shotgun: Bird Shot #7.5 - #9 max 1300 fps
    Slugs - Up to 4 slugs per (3 gun) match

We have a conflict on 10/3:sad20:

At the past two IDPA matches, Gary has been gauging interest in running a few on Sundays (to open availability to different folks). At the last one, it sounded like he was going to try the next one (presumably October) on a Sunday. Has he said anything official about that to you?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Look what you made me do, Mike. We go to visit friends, and there are now four of us tuning up for steel matches. Dropped hundreds on hardware and time setting up at the undisclosed location this weekend. Once it was in place, we never got anything else done except shooting and eating steaks. The ladies just love ringing that steel. Need a new stop plate, though - this one just goes “bonk” or “smack” or “clank.”

AGC has spoiled us with the high quality targets.

Is that practice...between matches? :wtf:

It almost seems like cheating:innocent0 (or being extra braggy: "LoOk At mE!, I HaVe A pLaCe To ShOoT aNd AmMo, ToO! :rasp:")

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Is that practice...between matches? :wtf:

It isn't REALLY practice until we buy a timer! We actually spent more time doing intro-to-this-stuff for our two friends, and then a SLOW-motion walk through some 3 Gun mechanics. Doing the damn shotgun reload dance can burn a whole day, easy.

It almost seems like cheating:innocent0 (or being extra braggy: "LoOk At mE!, I HaVe A pLaCe To ShOoT aNd AmMo, ToO! :rasp:")

Possibly guilty as charged. Possibly! A bit.

It's actually surprising how little ammo you go through when you're taking your time, talking about things, fiddling with targets, and taking breaks to just plink with the 22s.

We also spent some time with paper splash targets on backers, making sure everyone understood how sights were working ... lollipop, cover ... everyone's pistols are a little different that way. But our staple gun suddenly died on us! After shooting, then drinks, my friend's wife started calling it Ruth Stapler Ginsburg, and we're looking to replace it with one that has a better constitution.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It isn't REALLY practice until we buy a timer! We actually spent more time doing intro-to-this-stuff for our two friends, and then a SLOW-motion walk through some 3 Gun mechanics. Doing the damn shotgun reload dance can burn a whole day, easy.

Possibly guilty as charged. Possibly! A bit.

It's actually surprising how little ammo you go through when you're taking your time, talking about things, fiddling with targets, and taking breaks to just plink with the 22s.

We also spent some time with paper splash targets on backers, making sure everyone understood how sights were working ... lollipop, cover ... everyone's pistols are a little different that way. But our staple gun suddenly died on us! After shooting, then drinks, my friend's wife started calling it Ruth Stapler Ginsburg, and we're looking to replace it with one that has a better constitution.
    :lol:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    We have a conflict on 10/3:sad20:

At the past two IDPA matches, Gary has been gauging interest in running a few on Sundays (to open availability to different folks). At the last one, it sounded like he was going to try the next one (presumably October) on a Sunday. Has he said anything official about that to you?

There will be some Sunday IDPA matches, however not in October. Due to other conflicts on the Second weekend of October, 3 Gun is actually scheduled on the 3rd Sunday.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    There will be some Sunday IDPA matches, however not in October. Due to other conflicts on the Second weekend of October, 3 Gun is actually scheduled on the 3rd Sunday.

Gotcha. I almost have Katie convinced to try IDPA. She has a hard time getting out of her Saturday obligations, so I'm hoping for a Sunday match soon (before we run out of ammo :o )

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I asked, because he got one of (or the) last slot for 10/3, and though he'd try out the 22 WMR rifle for fun. But if The Range Gods don't like it, he can just go with his 9mm PCC. It'll all work out.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I asked, because he got one of (or the) last slot for 10/3, and though he'd try out the 22 WMR rifle for fun. But if The Range Gods don't like it, he can just go with his 9mm PCC. It'll all work out.

I really don’t see why it would be a problem, but give me a little time to confer with the others.

BTW, we are NOT sold out. We have 78 total slots, but only show 66 on the squadding page. This is because we save two slots for ROs on each squad. There are least a half dozen slots open right now.

This is the first time since the AGC reopened that we have not been sold out with less than a week to go. My guess is that it is an Ammo issue and no one is pissed that we did away with the 3 standard steel challenge stages (hence the new name Falling Steel).

I know this may not help a lot, but we have reduced the round count by 20%. We will have 6 stages with 20 targets each (instead of 25). There will be some bonus opportunities (Double Helix) that you don’t have to engage if you don’t want to and won’t be penalized for not trying. You will get 25 seconds off of your time if you decide to clean it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I really don’t see why it would be a problem, but give me a little time to confer with the others.

BTW, we are NOT sold out. We have 78 total slots, but only show 66 on the squadding page. This is because we save two slots for ROs on each squad. There are least a half dozen slots open right now.

This is the first time since the AGC reopened that we have not been sold out with less than a week to go. My guess is that it is an Ammo issue and no one is pissed that we did away with the 3 standard steel challenge stages (hence the new name Falling Steel).

I know this may not help a lot, but we have reduced the round count by 20%. We will have 6 stages with 20 targets each (instead of 25). There will be some bonus opportunities (Double Helix) that you don’t have to engage if you don’t want to and won’t be penalized for not trying. You will get 25 seconds off of your time if you decide to clean it.

Thanks, Mike. Even if it isn't make-or-break for this one guy this time, it'll be worth you hashing out the 22 mag issue for whenever it eventually comes up again down the road.

Hmmm: 25 seconds vs the Double Helix. That's some Devil-Went-Down-To-Georgia stuff, right there!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thanks, Mike. Even if it isn't make-or-break for this one guy this time, it'll be worth you hashing out the 22 mag issue for whenever it eventually comes up again down the road.

Hmmm: 25 seconds vs the Double Helix. That's some Devil-Went-Down-To-Georgia stuff, right there!

Did a little digging around on the 22 mag issue. Everything I read, including the SCSA rule set says it is not allowed in Steel Challenge. While this is no longer a Steel Challenge Match, we do use the SCSA rules for determining divisions as well as safety guidelines.

All of that said, and until we have had more time to look into this, we are going to pass on ANY magnum rounds, including 22 magnum. Tell your friend I am sorry.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Did a little digging around on the 22 mag issue. Everything I read, including the SCSA rule set says it is not allowed in Steel Challenge. While this is no longer a Steel Challenge Match, we do use the SCSA rules for determining divisions as well as safety guidelines.

All of that said, and until we have had more time to look into this, we are going to pass on ANY magnum rounds, including 22 magnum. Tell your friend I am sorry.

Thanks! Nothing to be sorry for. When he mentioned it, my radar went off immediately, so there are no hard feelings. Besides, the county pays for his 9mm practice ammo. First world problems, and all.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Metric buttload of steel waiting for everyone tomorrow.

bc3d5c2d2727ffe0a66974e12cf59583.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom