• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I guess you are entitled to your opinion even if its 100% WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad54:

No. By his standard, only a government-formed Reserve Writers Brigade should be able to express an opinion. The rest of us aren't worthy. After all, the First Amendment does have the words "Government" and "establishment" in it, so clearly it's meant to establish government authorities in charge of speech.

Or something like that. When ignorance rules one's discourse, it opens SO many possibilities!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Before I get into this, I am an Army Vet, I've been around the world 5x, and been on a two way range a few times. I'm an NRA member, and have enough guns to be happy, and I love shooting.

I've lurked around this board for years, never commenting simply cause the temperament of this forum. For the most part, this forum promotes the type of paranoia, and fear mongering that spreads and perpetuates racism, and bigotry in America.

The 2nd Amendment in truth was not speaking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry having a firearm. It spoke specifically of a Well Regulated Militia, and their right to keep and bear arms. The "Well Regulated" is referring to properly trained, supplied, and disciplined citizens. The "Militia", a group of citizen "soldiers" that can fill the ranks of our regular army. The right of the people, to keep and bear arms, simply refers to those people who are in the militia, with the idea of protecting the land from foreign governments and enemies the same.. reserve military.

The 2nd was not based on some lose interpretation of some British constitution. It was specifically written to create the idea of having basically a reserve army. It was NOT intended to create this mass hysteria of raising your guns to our government, and everyone having guns to just have guns.

Often times we argue about Dems vs Republicans in this idea that Dems want to take guns, but no one ever has any real proof yet we allow this to divide and often influence decisions. The right, so interpreted by our law makers gives you the ability to have such firearms, why bicker about it? You have your right now, buy what you can and be happy.

It is my personal belief, the only people that should have firearms are those that are willing to stand in the Armed Forces and fight for the country. Fat Bob isn't going to do it, slacked jawed Becky isn't going to do it, neither is De'Onte, or a Sharita.. who will are the able bodied Americans, whether Black, Asian, White, Latin American or other.

The so called "Patriots" and "Oath Keepers", are keeping what oath exactly? They are not keeping any military oath, nor any citizen oath. Education is free here: Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution. Citizenship Oath = Help in a NON COMBATANT form to defend the entire body of the US.

In all, we are all Americans, and all willing to fight foreign govts. Reading some of the posts on this forum is a sense sickening, to see people all to willing to take up arms against other Americans cause you may or may not have to register your guns.

I took a real oath 4x, and volunteered 5x for missions most of the 2A nuts piss their beds about. I have yet to fathom the idea of arming myself to fight our Govt, that's called a Coupe.. and not any part of any oath I took. Nor have I thought I would have to arm myself to fight other Americans cause of a very valid election process.

Of course this will piss people off, they have Midol for that, take two and relax. Just my opinion, and simple observation... we are all entitled to our beliefs, that's what makes America Great, not some foolish loudmouth with a mic.

All that experience and you still act like a child. Piss off.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's a quick trip to the ignore list for d-bags like this guy.

N'ah - enjoy the free fire zone.

I will not tolerate some statist prick making a statement like that, especially when it appears he still works for the military.

I wonder how his supervisors would feel about that statement.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Remember folks...it's called a coupe.

Attachments

• iu.jpg
      iu.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 376

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    No. By his standard, only a government-formed Reserve Writers Brigade should be able to express an opinion. The rest of us aren't worthy. After all, the First Amendment does have the words "Government" and "establishment" in it, so clearly it's meant to establish government authorities in charge of speech.

Or something like that. When ignorance rules one's discourse, it opens SO many possibilities!

You Sir, Are 100% correct!

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    A quick note to the OP:

A lot of the intent of the second amendment is described in the Federalist papers. These documents are unambiguous in their defense of an individual's right to keep and bear arms. Here's a link to chase if you want more info about this:

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/10-essential-quotes-2nd-amendment-founding-fathers

Another interesting thing about this is the nature of "the militia", and what it means according to federal law. Various US Congresses have adopted different Militia Acts, starting as early as 1792 and I think most recently in 1916 or something.

The militia act defines "militia" using the terms regular and irregular. The irregular militia is all adult men capable of fighting and defending the country; and the "regular" militia is uniformed forces that are supported by the US government, which I think has since become the National Guard & reserves. The "irregular" militia depends on armed, non-uniformed men and I suppose women now, and these are some of the "people" to which the second amendment refers.

The federalist papers and US law are pretty clear that the second amendment is there to protect an individual's right to keep and bear arms.

I won't speak to many of the other assertions made in the original post, save to say that all people on this forum probably find some things that others post to be objectionable. Such is the way of free speech, which I prefer to the alternative. And yes, I too have also traveled and lived in many, many locations for many years all around the world.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    N'ah - enjoy the free fire zone.

I will not tolerate some statist prick making a statement like that, especially when it appears he still works for the military.

I wonder how his supervisors would feel about that statement.

Don't worry. There are 0 veterans reading this who believe this guy is for real.

The only thing this guy's supervisor cares about is if he is putting the right amount of salt on the fries before serving.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Welcome, and thank you for your service.

That said, your premise and interpretation of the second amendment is wrong. But don't just take my word for it, here is a Cato research fellow to explain it better than I can.

https://youtu.be/Hx23c84obwQ

dunno how to embed this

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater