• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There Are belts cut on a curve to fit women ( and some chunky guys ).

Of course individuals of both genders come in all shapes and porportions . But going by ergonomic averages , crossdraw works better for females than guys .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I’m working on a second go around with MSP- was denied in the 2013 group but approaching with new reasoning, excited to see others doing the same.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Yes it does. I have a small waist but curvy hips. Belts are very uncomfortable. Because of the hour glass shape, I wear more form fitting clothes as to not look like I am shaped like a barrell HAhaha. I am thinking the corset or belly band will work best. Already ordered the belly band. Looking at corsets now.
    Summer time I may need to explore other options due to heat.

But at least it's a hotartbarrel according to screen name.

Didn't know about the belts for curvy people, maybe an option.

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland
    There Are belts cut on a curve to fit women ( and some chunky guys ).

Of course individuals of both genders come in all shapes and porportions . But going by ergonomic averages , crossdraw works better for females than guys .
    The corsets that I am looking at have pistol pockets on either side of the front center clasps so they are ambidextrous I am thinking crossdraw might be better for me. Never thought about all of these details until now! :)

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Lisa- If you play your cards right, this thread could get you into the watercooler in and of itself.
    As many here will agree, the CZ82 is a badass little gun. A little on the heavy side for CCW, but a chick carrying a CZ82 will get lots of "street cred" with the small penis macho dudes- myself included.

OK, what does this do to increase my "street cred" not to mention the size of my ... err ... um ...

Never mind.

Seriously, the 82 just feels right, fits my hand perfectly and for such a small gun is more accurate than I am. The Constitution holster is custom made and obviously for "special" occasions, the leather one in addition to the metal clip on the front also has a belt loop on the back for O or IWB duty flexibility. Not much help for H.A.C.'s needs but as mentioned by others I also have a few more holsters in a drawer.

Attachments

• 82.jpg
      82.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 170

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yes it does. I have a small waist but curvy hips. Belts are very uncomfortable. Because of the hour glass shape, I wear more form fitting clothes as to not look like I am shaped like a barrell HAhaha. I am thinking the corset or belly band will work best. Already ordered the belly band. Looking at corsets now.
    Summer time I may need to explore other options due to heat.

With that sort of shape, on occasions when you don't want to wear a corset a holster like this might work for you. Its called a 'Flashbang'. Saw one in a shop and suggested it to my wife, but she wasn't comfortable with the idea.

https://www.flashbangstore.com/products/flashbang-holster

Attachments

• 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 148

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland
    OK, what does this do to increase my "street cred" not to mention the size of my ... err ... um ...

Never mind.

Seriously, the 82 just feels right, fits my hand perfectly and for such a small gun is more accurate than I am. The Constitution holster is custom made and obviously for "special" occasions, the leather one in addition to the metal clip on the front also has a belt loop on the back for O or IWB duty flexibility. Not much help for H.A.C.'s needs but as mentioned by others I also have a few more holsters in a drawer.

Nice!
    Major Street Cred!!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Congrats on your Utah. Hopefully the same in MD. I am somewhat disappointed though. I thought the "Hot AR Chick" would be figuring out a way to carry an AR pistol!

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Congrats on your Utah. Hopefully the same in MD. I am somewhat disappointed though. I thought the "Hot AR Chick" would be figuring out a way to carry an AR pistol!

You left out the “T”. So it’s either Hot art chick or Ho tart chick. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    at the risk of sounding rude -

being curvy (overweight) isn't an excuse to not wear a belt. people do it every day. if you are carrying a gun, you owe it to yourself and folks around you to do it in a manner that is safe and effective.

wear a belt. buy a gun specific, purpose made holster that affixes to your belt or pants. this can be inside the waist band (appendix or hip) or outside the waistband hip.

belly bands are cool for certain applications but during daily life will be sweaty, uncomfortable and impractical to train with (i.e. rehosltering).

carrying a gun up under your bra, in your purse, hidden under three layers etc... is more of a talisman than an effective self defense tool. the only exception is if you train, train, train presenting the gun from that position. knowing that you are carrying in a sub-optimal position means you need to train more.

why reinvent the wheel.

buy a glock 43X and put it in a tenicor appendix IWB holsterr and be done with it. https://tenicor.com/collections/aiw...aiwb-holster-for-glock?variant=29465976995915

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland

being curvy (overweight) isn't an excuse to not wear a belt. people do it every day. if you are carrying a gun, you owe it to yourself and folks around you to do it in a manner that is safe and effective.

wear a belt. buy a gun specific, purpose made holster that affixes to your belt or pants. this can be inside the waist band (appendix or hip) or outside the waistband hip.

belly bands are cool for certain applications but during daily life will be sweaty, uncomfortable and impractical to train with (i.e. rehosltering).

carrying a gun up under your bra, in your purse, hidden under three layers etc... is more of a talisman than an effective self defense tool. the only exception is if you train, train, train presenting the gun from that position. knowing that you are carrying in a sub-optimal position means you need to train more.

why reinvent the wheel.

buy a glock 43X and put it in a tenicor appendix IWB holsterr and be done with it. https://tenicor.com/collections/aiw...aiwb-holster-for-glock?variant=29465976995915
    Ok well, let me be specific. I am not overweight. I have an hourglass figure and I have been more than blessed where my bottom is concerned....In a good way. It is one of the first things people notice about me. I was a railroad conductor for 10 years and had to wear a belt with a bunch of crap on it every day. It just does not work. My belt loops were constantly ripping away from my pants and belts constrict my movement. So as far as "safety" is concerned, I think I know what is best for my safety and the people around me. I want to feel comfortable and confident if I am carrying a firearm. A belt is not the answer for me. It is not about Fashion.

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland

why reinvent the wheel.

And yes, your comment was presumptuous and rude lol
    I have been an athlete my whole life. A woman can certainly be "Curvy" without being overweight.

why reinvent the wheel.

I will describe Hotartchick as a woman with a washboard stomach and a butt that belongs in rap videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom