• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I finished designing and 3d printing a suppressor for my Umarex Gauntlet .22. There are 2 versions but I found that it works much better without the factory baffle and spring moderator. The version 2 uses a longer end with o-ring to aid in bore alignment. I recommend version 2 since I got a baffle strike with a version 1 (photo attached).

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4642777

* This is intended for airgun use only and has threads that only fit a Umarex Gauntlet

Gauntlet_Suppressor_Render_v2.jpg

Gauntlet_LDC_Photo.jpg

Baffle_Strike.jpg

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Apparently BATFE considered nearly anything to be a firearm silencer in the past but then there was this court case in 2010: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-1st-circuit/1527670.html

Since then there are several major manufacturers making airguns with removeable suppressors and several companies like DonnyFL (https://donnyfl.com/) that manufacture removeable suppressors for use on airguns. I'm pretty sure that BATFE knows about many of the "big boys" like https://www.airgunsofarizona.com selling many airguns with moderators and would have shut them down if they were selling illegal firearm suppressors.

You can even get these on the non-fun-friendly ebay. Try searching for Airgun LDC (lead dust collector - euphemism for moderator/silencer/suppressor for airguns)

Airguns use 1/2-20 threads, M10-1.0, or other strange threads (there are many adapters available) that don't fit onto firearms. Airgun suppressors are not intended to nor are they readily modifiable to fit on a firearm.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Sweet.
    Downloaded the file going to try and print on my ender 3.
    Would look cool on my umermax MP 40 auto bb rifle

I have a Hatsan QE (quiet energy) with a non removable silencer. It does come apart. The internals look nothing like a firearm silencer...in fact inside looks more like an old fashioned hair curler...a plastic frame wrapped in spongy insulation looking stuff. Can you measure the DB difference between a silenced and non silences shot?

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Yes, there is significant difference with an airgun suppressor. DonnyFL has several models that are constructed like you describe. I highly recommend his stuff. To have a quiet airgun, you need to be subsonic and have a suppressor with a decent volume. Generally, larger = quieter. The hard part is to make it quiet and small.

Yes, there is significant difference with an airgun suppressor. DonnyFL has several models that are constructed like you describe. I highly recommend his stuff. To have a quiet airgun, you need to be subsonic and have a suppressor with a decent volume. Generally, larger = quieter. The hard part is to make it quiet and small.

I use JSB jumbo 34 grn at around 900 fps..plenty subsonic. It's about as quiet as my suppressed 10/22 with subsonic rounds.

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    I have a Hatsan QE (quiet energy) with a non removable silencer. It does come apart. The internals look nothing like a firearm silencer...in fact inside looks more like an old fashioned hair curler...a plastic frame wrapped in spongy insulation looking stuff. Can you measure the DB difference between a silenced and non silences shot?

The problem with the QE is the size of the holes in the baffles. WAY too big. I made some 3d printed baffles for mine and it got way quieter. I'll see if I can find my drive with them on it.

The hole for a .25 air gun only needs to be approx .30". Next time you take your QE apart check the diameter with a drill bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom