• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Long story short, my driver's license is old and the address is no longer current. I changed it years ago and got a little change of address card in the mail. Well, after I put in the paperwork on a handgun, I lost it. The MVA will not issue me another one because they say I just need to get a new driver's license altogether. But in order to do that I have to wait like a month to get an appointment, if I'm lucky.

Gun shop will not release the firearm to me even though I have been not disapproved. Is there any way around this? Does the gun shop actually need to see a change of address card or new drivers license, or are they allowed to accept another proof of residence?

Thanks

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Long story short, my driver's license is old and the address is no longer current. I changed it years ago and got a little change of address card in the mail. Well, after I put in the paperwork on a handgun, I lost it. The MVA will not issue me another one because they say I just need to get a new driver's license altogether. But in order to do that I have to wait like a month to get an appointment, if I'm lucky.

Gun shop will not release the firearm to me even though I have been not disapproved. Is there any way around this? Does the gun shop actually need to see a change of address card or new drivers license, or are they allowed to accept another proof of residence?

Thanks

Yes they do, and the address on the license has to match what is on the paperwork.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Were you refused the replacement card by a human being at the counter, or when requesting one at a kiosk or online? If it was a clerk, I wonder if you could get one printed at one of the self help Kiosks. Perhaps they were not programmed to say no. Might be worth a try.

CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR LICENSE CORRECTION

To request a change of address card, a corrected driver's license or ID card, please complete the transaction online here or by MVA kiosk.

An additional fee applies for new, corrected licenses or ID cards. A change of address card is sent at no extra cost, as an attachment, which should be stored with the license or ID card. The new license, ID card or attachment card will be mailed.

DUPLICATE DRIVER'S LICENSE OR ID CARD

Please request a duplicate driver's license or ID card online with the new online option here​ or by MVA kiosk. These transactions are no longer handled over the counter and the duplicate driver’s license or ID card is mailed to the address on record at the MVA.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    You can also use your Voter ID Card, Vehicle Registration, or Vehicle Title if it has your current address. This can depend on store policies but all of the above are good to go per ATF.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    You can also use your Voter ID Card, Vehicle Registration, or Vehicle Title if it has your current address. This can depend on store policies but all of the above are good to go per ATF.

Thank you I will ask. Something tells me I'm out of luck but I will give that a shot. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom