will MGS be emboldened by national wins?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Will the MGS be emboldened by leftist national election wins?
    Will they be emboldened by future national gun legislation? Not wanting to be outdone ?

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I don’t think anything has made them more or less anti-2a. I think most of them always have and always will be that way.

The weird thing is, I have met many of them when I worked in Annapolis, and most are really nice. I just disdain their politics.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Will the MGS be emboldened by leftist national election wins?

So far, the only two "wins" I can think of that are notable are Mark Kelly & John Hickenlooper. The left has lost way more than they've won. They won't get the Senate. Heck, AOC even thinks they've lost the House. Effectively, they have. GOP will likely be able to control the House floor, according to Kevin McCarthy.

As for the presidential, I think we can reconvene this discussion if President Trump somehow isn't re-elected.

Will they be emboldened by future national gun legislation? Not wanting to be outdone ?

They will continue to push their agenda. I would say "until it hurts their re-election chances", but that just doesn't seem to be the case in Maryland.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    With the changes now to public testimony, it appears that MGA has finally tired of hearing from the peasants. They will ram-rod their edicts down our throat and don't care to hear any objections to their tyranny. After all, they know what is best for us, even if (with all due respect to Sen. Atterbeary) they can't find their own panties.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So far, the only two "wins" I can think of that are notable are Mark Kelly & John Hickenlooper. The left has lost way more than they've won. They won't get the Senate. Heck, AOC even thinks they've lost the House. Effectively, they have. GOP will likely be able to control the House floor, according to Kevin McCarthy.

As for the presidential, I think we can reconvene this discussion if President Trump somehow isn't re-elected.

They will continue to push their agenda. I would say "until it hurts their re-election chances", but that just doesn't seem to be the case in Maryland.

Pretty sure Slackdaddy meant Trump not being re-elected

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Does the sun rise in the east? They will. They are already claiming Biden's win is a mandate on everything from the economy to COVID to the Green New Deal.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The problems we will be facing with the MD GA going forward are based on the changing demographic of the Assembly.

There used to be a number of Dems who were for the most part reasonable individuals, who could be approached and influenced by what we used to call "facts." They hewed toward the party line, of course, but were amenable to compromise. Over the last session or so, most of these people have left office voluntarily. They were displeased with the incoming crowd, and their general attitude of vicious opposition to anything that varied from the hardcore Left.

There were more than a few representatives who basically held the view that doing politics was just not pleasant any more. Rather than stay in the poisonous atmosphere that has developed, they took their pensions and went home. Can't say that I blame them much, though they did the State a disservice by allowing the Totalitarian contingent free rein, essentially closing the coffin on deliberative government in Maryland.

The coming session will doubtless illustrate this phenomenon, graphically and in bold print.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    A good time to consider moving to a battleground state to reinforce the lines.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The problems we will be facing with the MD GA going forward are based on the changing demographic of the Assembly.

There used to be a number of Dems who were for the most part reasonable individuals, who could be approached and influenced by what we used to call "facts." They hewed toward the party line, of course, but were amenable to compromise. Over the last session or so, most of these people have left office voluntarily. They were displeased with the incoming crowd, and their general attitude of vicious opposition to anything that varied from the hardcore Left.

There were more than a few representatives who basically held the view that doing politics was just not pleasant any more. Rather than stay in the poisonous atmosphere that has developed, they took their pensions and went home. Can't say that I blame them much, though they did the State a disservice by allowing the Totalitarian contingent free rein, essentially closing the coffin on deliberative government in Maryland.

The coming session will doubtless illustrate this phenomenon, graphically and in bold print.

Franchot will hardly know what hit him when he becomes Gov

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    In MD, as in VA, anything is on the table - maybe more so. I expect an AWB here in VA. Probably a normal capacity mag ban too.

I'm hoping the politicians in VA are politicians and not party apparatchiks. If they are politicians, they will be afraid of not being reelected. That red wave could be impressive if they step over that line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom