Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    They come in handy.
    I've had to use a laptop for work in field lots of times. It was used quite a bit during the last 32 hour power outage here.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Wonder if I could replace the one in my truck with one of these for more wattage? Never know when I might want to microwave while driving to work...

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Ordered a 1500 watt for $27.62 with a $10 coupon. These are modified sine wave so not the greatest for more delicate/sensitive electronics but for the price..

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This was tempting but it would only allow in-store pickup at certain inconvenient locations. No shipping to home.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    This was tempting but it would only allow in-store pickup at certain inconvenient locations. No shipping to home.

AAP is dumping these off so its limited to whatever is going to be in stock at the stores.

I work in the ghetto and there is an AAP down the street from the office. I ordered a second one (1000w) and picked up there. Dude hands me a bag with the inverter unit and the three cables. "I don't know what happened to the box" :lol2: Very Clean but someone returned it. I'll try it this evening and see what it does. $18.08 for 1k watt unit. If its a dud I'll return it tomorrow.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just remember you want one with PURE not modified sine wave for house hold electronics and some kitchen appliances as well. I put a 3000 watt pure sine wave in my sons new truck so he could have power for his computer,tv, fridge ect... I installed an Aims pure sine wave inverter and here is a link to Aims on the web. They are very well known and also their products are very dependable with no Chinese junk https://www.aimscorp.net/
    With aims you do get your $$$ worth and the prices are not really all that bad as well.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just remember you want one with PURE not modified sine wave for house hold electronics and some kitchen appliances as well. I put a 3000 watt pure sine wave in my sons new truck so he could have power for his computer,tv, fridge ect... I installed an Aims pure sine wave inverter and here is a link to Aims on the web. They are very well known and also their products are very dependable with no Chinese junk https://www.aimscorp.net/
    With aims you do get your $$$ worth and the prices are not really all that bad as well.
    You missed the point.
    36 bucks, one can find a need.
    279 bucks, one can't find a need.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I kept debating on whether I needed one, so I bought three (750, 1000 and 1500).

They are so cheap, I will sell them on eBay and make some money if I find I don’t use them.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Thanks for the heads-up. Picked up a 1000 watt today for $22 . Best price on Amazon is $124:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom