• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    I just bought my third 10mm and i plan on shooting it alot along with my other two. Ive been reloading for about seven years now and reload on a single stage for about ten calibers. I also shoot alot of .223. If i wanted speed up the process of reloading just these two calibers what would be best for me. Oh and im obviously talking about a progressive or turret. TIA

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    If you were only looking at one or two pistol calibers, I would suggest a Dillon Square Deal B. If you want to do lots of different calibers, including rifle, and you don't need a case feed, Dillon 550. If you have the money and you anticipate loading some larger quantity of several calibers and need a case feeder, a used Dillon 650 or new 750, will do the job.

I have two single stages and a Dillon 550. I also have two Super Swagers (one large, one small primer) and a Giraud case trimmer. Brass prep in batches and as long as you are shooting, brass prep is never finished. I store buckets of prepped and primed brass by caliber. This makes loading; powder charge, bullet seat, bullet crimp, pretty easy and straight forward even without a case feeder and needing to manual advance the press.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have a lee single stage and a dillon 550. I like the 550 but would suggest going with a 650 or 750 if you can. A turret press would also help increase speed. I want to get another press so I have one for each caliber (I only load 3 right now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    I think im going to go for the 550. Can i use my current dies or do i have to buy dillon's? Also, how hard is it to set up?

I have a lee single stage and a dillon 550. I like the 550 but would suggest going with a 650 or 750 if you can. A turret press would also help increase speed. I want to get another press so I have one for each caliber (I only load 3 right now)

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I think im going to go for the 550. Can i use my current dies or do i have to buy dillon's? Also, how hard is it to set up?

Your current dies will work. The Dillon ones are nice. I want to get another powder measure so I can keep it set up. If you’ve used a single stage it’s not too hard to set up. YouTube helps.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    Ok good. Now just like everything else i just have to find one in stock.

Your current dies will work. The Dillon ones are nice. I want to get another powder measure so I can keep it set up. If you’ve used a single stage it’s not too hard to set up. YouTube helps.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    You might also consider a Hornady LNL. I have used one for many years and thousands of rounds various calibers. Compared to my friends Dillon 650’s it’s easier to setup and run, at least in my opinion.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    I will admit I have a bias for Dillon products. With that said. I bought a Dillon 550 back in January of 1986. I have dies for and load something like 15 calibers. I don’t want to think about how many rounds that press has loaded.

What kind of press one should buy depends on what kind of reloading you plan on doing? The 550 is probably the most versatile press in Dillon’s line up. If I were to do it again, I might get a 550. However, now that the 750 is available I would more than likely get a 750. Having case feed and auto indexing is nice. Both presses allow single loading for load development. The difference in price for caliber conversions is negligible.

If one only loads 100-200 rounds at a sittings, the 550 would be a better choice. However, if one plans on loading thousands of rounds at a sitting the 750 would be advisable.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I will admit I have a bias for Dillon products. With that said. I bought a Dillon 550 back in January of 1986. I have dies for and load something like 15 calibers. I don’t want to think about how many rounds that press has loaded.

What kind of press one should buy depends on what kind of reloading you plan on doing? The 550 is probably the most versatile press in Dillon’s line up. If I were to do it again, I might get a 550. However, now that the 750 is available I would more than likely get a 750. Having case feed and auto indexing is nice. Both presses allow single loading for load development. The difference in price for caliber conversions is negligible.

If one only loads 100-200 rounds at a sittings, the 550 would be a better choice. However, if one plans on loading thousands of rounds at a sitting the 750 would be advisable.

Great answer this is all correct

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I said cheap. Lol. I already have a single stage and Dillon 550 so I’m not pressed to get a new one. But even Lee are more used than they were new

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    So after watching some YouTube videos of the 550, 750 and the lnl i definitely want auto indexing. So its down to the 750 or lnl but like bigfoot said its going to come down to what i can locate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom