• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Looking for something in the 4-12x range and ideally a 30mm tube.

Anybody seen anything on sale?

PSA has a Vortex for $100 which may be my default if nothing else pops up.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Might try SWFA.com. They usually run a decent sale but I haven't seen the email yet.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I have the Vortex Crossfire ii 4-12x44 on my TC Compass in .308. Planning to hunt with it this weekend.

Got it for $109 with Vortex rings as an add on to the rifle on Black Friday special last year. For what it is, it's a great scope. Zero fisheye, great clarity at 4x, acceptable clarity for hunting at 12, and has held up to a few hundred rounds of 308 so far without issue and has held zero. It also has excellent eye relief.

the Vortex Diamondback is a slight step up from the Crossfire, although it sacrifices a bit of eye relief.

They also recently released a few Crossfire models with illuminated reticle, if that's your thing.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Not really looking for recommendations necessarily, just deals. But I’d spend up to $1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotcha. Still helpful to know pricepoint.

Primary Arms PLx series looks pretty unbeatable for the price. They make a 6-30x56mm FFP that looks pretty good.

They also have a few different models with varying reticle options.

https://www.primaryarms.com/pa-plat...e-scope-with-illuminated-deka-ams-mil-reticle

As far as Black Friday deals, here's a link that seems to have a bunch of deals all in one place.

https://www.scopelist.com/deals.aspx

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Not really looking for recommendations necessarily, just deals. But I’d spend up to $1500.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take a look at Tract Optics this weekend. They are doing a black friday sale per their instagram. Their Toric UHD 4.5-30 is my favorite scope atm. I liked it better than my Razor Gen 2. The 30 mm 4-20 are also very nice scopes.

I have a Vortex 50% off Cert I am also going to be selling soon, if you are interested send me a PM. The Razors and Viper Gen 2s are both nice scopes for LR.

I would also hop on Snipershide for used scopes. The other scope to look for would be an Athlon Ares ETR or the Cronus. Both are nice glass for less than your budget.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I gotcha. Still helpful to know pricepoint.

Primary Arms PLx series looks pretty unbeatable for the price. They make a 6-30x56mm FFP that looks pretty good.

They also have a few different models with varying reticle options.

https://www.primaryarms.com/pa-plat...e-scope-with-illuminated-deka-ams-mil-reticle

As far as Black Friday deals, here's a link that seems to have a bunch of deals all in one place.

https://www.scopelist.com/deals.aspx

I've been looking at the Plx. Big fan of PA stuff.

I would take a look at Tract Optics this weekend. They are doing a black friday sale per their instagram. Their Toric UHD 4.5-30 is my favorite scope atm. I liked it better than my Razor Gen 2. The 30 mm 4-20 are also very nice scopes.

I have a Vortex 50% off Cert I am also going to be selling soon, if you are interested send me a PM. The Razors and Viper Gen 2s are both nice scopes for LR.

I would also hop on Snipershide for used scopes. The other scope to look for would be an Athlon Ares ETR or the Cronus. Both are nice glass for less than your budget.

Thanks, I've been looking at Vortex too, but can't ever catch anything in stock. :D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Attachments

• 378BA8EE-038B-4A49-8EF7-1B2A98467D2B.jpg
      378BA8EE-038B-4A49-8EF7-1B2A98467D2B.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 300

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Midway USA has had some pretty good prices on riflescopes recently. And Natchez is always worth a look when it comes to scope deals.

Midway is chock full of deals. Not on most of the super high end stuff but the mid range is pretty tempting.

I just picked up a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 for $300 shipped. Only downside is it's the V-plex reticle. The BDC reticle version is a few hundred more, but near as I can tell everything else is identical.

The 4-15x40 version is on sale for $249. Both SFP.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...roduct-shipped-today-product-description-link

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Midway is chock full of deals. Not on most of the super high end stuff but the mid range is pretty tempting.

I just picked up a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 for $300 shipped. Only downside is it's the V-plex reticle. The BDC reticle version is a few hundred more, but near as I can tell everything else is identical.

The 4-15x40 version is on sale for $249. Both SFP.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...roduct-shipped-today-product-description-link

Funny you mention this. I just looked up this thread, so I could post the exact scope you mentioned.

Let us know how you like your new scope. Looks worthwhile to me too. Good luck with it!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    For anyone playing along, I ended up purchasing a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 3-18x. Will sit on a SCAR20s. Purchased today at Primary Arms for $1529.

Nothing wrong with that. Excellent choice IMO. 3-18 is probably perfect for SCAR. What caliber is yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom