• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Here's some of my favorite knives, at the top left are 3 slightly different examples of the US1917 triangular bladed trench knife. They were designed specifically to "pierce thick German trench coats" and were issued to WWI U.S. Army "Doughboys" to go along with their 1911 pistols(see picture).
    To the right are 5 slightly different examples of the US1918 brass knuckle trench knife. I would probably carry one of these around with me everywhere I go if I could!:) The 3 on top are early examples made in France under contract and the blades are marked "Au Lion". The one with the black blade is American made by the "Landers, Frary, and Clark" company. Below that is a rare example marked "O.C.L." which stood for "Oneida Community Limited". The blade has been lost, or maybe it never came with one. These 1918 knuckle knives came too late in WWI to be of much use and were reissued to American paratroopers during WWII. Below them at the bottom right is a "French Nail". These crude trench knives were made by WWI French soldiers from German barbed-wire fence posts because of a shortage of knives at the front. Notice the sloppy "blood groove" carved into the blade. To the left next to the picture of the "Doughboy" are 3 British trench weapons made from aluminum. The two with a blade are marked "Robbins Dudley" and the 2-finger knuckles are marked with an "H". In the background is a handmade Afghan war rug.
    Enjoy!

Attachments

• wwiknuckle.jpg
      wwiknuckle.jpg
      131.4 KB · Views: 2,656

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    - A Nice Collection: The WWI knives are some of the most gruesome, that kind of close quartered, trench-foot soggy muddy trench style warfare is something that hopefully we'll never see again.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    - A Nice Collection: The WWI knives are some of the most gruesome, that kind of close quartered, trench-foot soggy muddy trench style warfare is something that hopefully we'll never see again.

I've heard those triangular bladed knives were even outlawed for use in warfare by the Geneva Conventions.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Only the police and doughboys should be allowed to own those.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Here's another WWI knuckle knife I got recently.
    Blade is marked "J Hibbert & Son, Sheffield"
    It was made in England during the victorian era and likely used in WWI.

Attachments

• wwi.jpg
      wwi.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 1,802

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Nice knives! I see you have one of those Afghanistan battle prayer rugs too. Mine is on my office floor.

It was love at first sight when I saw those Afghan war rugs. Got mine on ebay for $40 and supposedly it takes about 500 hours to make one by hand.
    If that's true someone made mine for like 9 cents an hour.:o

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Hopefully, but not likely. I'm sure it will happen at some point, and I pray to God I don't see it in my lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom