• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swagtimecharles

I'm all out of gum.
    Sep 30, 2011
    Upper Marlboro
    I just ordered a AR-15 multi caliber lower receiver, and I was wondering since the lower receiver can conventionally be converted into a "pistol" will I have to wait the mandated few days after it arrives to actually leave the store with it? Or can I leave once the background check comes back?

Swagtimecharles

I'm all out of gum.
    Sep 30, 2011
    Upper Marlboro
    You'll have to do the 7 day wait for the lower.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I had one other question that has been burning me up lately. I have a carbine length DPMS upper. Is the standard length 7 or 8 inches for the handguards or should I just take them off and measure them so I order the right length?

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I would take them off and measure just to be safe. If you order them online they usually say if they're carbine/mid-length/rifle. Does it have a front sight base or is it a low profile gas block?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I just ordered a AR-15 multi caliber lower receiver, and I was wondering since the lower receiver can conventionally be converted into a "pistol" will I have to wait the mandated few days after it arrives to actually leave the store with it? Or can I leave once the background check comes back?

pistol or rifle doesn't matter because both are regulated in maryland.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Standard Carbine handguards are 7"

mid-length handgauards are around 9"

Rifle length are 12"

Swagtimecharles

I'm all out of gum.
    Sep 30, 2011
    Upper Marlboro
    I would take them off and measure just to be safe. If you order them online they usually say if they're carbine/mid-length/rifle. Does it have a front sight base or is it a low profile gas block?

It seems to be a low profile gas system. i maoe this assumption since it is a flat top upper lacking a front sight post though there is a rail where i can mount one where i so choose. i will post photos in order to get some more feedback on my build and get some advice. One other question do you guys think that a weapon light could be too bright? Im looking at a 770 lumen flashlight to mount on my 9 oclock rail with a pressure switch along my magwell. not going crazy with the accesories just wanting to outfit this weapon as my go to if shtf.(god forbid)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom