• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baltimorelaw

Mar 27, 2009
    Isn't it technically illegal to purchase ammo if you're a prohibited person?

I don't know but if it is do you know how much ammo is probably sold by places like wal-mart to "prohibited persons" since they only ask for your id to confirm your age. I don't know how that could be checked or enforced without a NICS-like process.

You should at least talk to an attorney about getting that expunged because it's probably showing up on other background checks too (e.g., job applications, etc.).

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Who knows they may have had a bout or two of fistacuffs in high school. It didn't use to be any big deal unless someone used a weapon or maimed someone. Back when I was in school (when rocks were still soft) I don't think you could have gotten a elementery priciple or teacher to call the police on a 7-9 year old or even a high school student unless it were very serious. They would have been embaressed to not have been able to take care of it in house. Now adays if a 6 year old throws a tantrum the police are called and the kid gets tazed.

+1

Some schools even have police sub stations right in them now.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    An assault charge is enough to deny purchase?

Wow

A juvenile charge resulting in a "delinquent" finding will prohibit a person from buying a regulated firearm in MD until they reach age 30. The Denial will come from MSP, and this is solely a MD issue, but other states may have similar laws.

There is no such issue with NICS and unregulated firearms.

No juvenile charges will result in a NICS denial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom