• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I'm brand new to gun ownership and I'm looking to join the Rockville Chapter of the Izaak Walton League. Is anyone willing to sponsor me or know someone who might? Thanks.

accce

Jul 19, 2011
    Does the one in Potomac require a sponsor? I am interested in joining there.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Really? Thanks for enlightening me. I don't need to lighten up. Using Google will give you all the info you are looking for. I'm not sure why you think I was being crass. I'm enjoying my second cup right now. Going to the Chapter's web site gives all the info the poster might want.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Really? Thanks for enlightening me. I don't need to lighten up. Using Google will give you all the info you are looking for. I'm not sure why you think I was being crass. I'm enjoying my second cup right now. Going to the Chapter's web site gives all the info the poster might want.
    +1.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Of course, he'll get sick of fish pretty soon.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD

LOL, sorry to have crapped in your coffee pot. Thanks for the reminder, sometimes I forget we're in the DC Metro... like some mornings when I'm driving into the office and I forget to tailgate the car in front of me; some prick in their Prius will cut me off. God's little way of reminding me I'm still stuck here in DC where crassness is common and expected behavior. Carry on!:thumbsup:

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

Teach a man to fish? This ain't 1992 anymore... it's 2012 and even crotchety old people have figured out how to use them internets.:cool:

scorpio

Mar 1, 2011
    Can anyone been to all the IWL chapters in Maryland. I looked at the Rockville's website and it looked like a great place. You have to love that lake!

DocEd

Eddie Harren
    Feb 17, 2009
    Ijamsville
    IWLA

Wildlife Achievement Chapter near Damascus.
    Bethesda Chevy Chase near Poolesville.
    Mt. Airy west of Mt. Airy
    Frederick
    All of the above have Rifle/Pistol ranges
    Wildlife, Poolesvile and Mt. Airy have shotgun as well.
    I don't believe that the Potomac chapter has any firearms ranges at all. At one time they had trap and rifle but the building of houses surrounded them.
    My father and my 3 uncles were charter members of the Potomac chapter and my uncles built the clubhouse.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I've often wondered what the deal was with the Potomac chapter. It looks like a clubhouse in the middle of a neighboorhood.
    I'm a member at Bethesda Chevy Chase which is Poolesville

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom