• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    My first handgun I bought about 5 years ago was a IWI Jericho 941 .40 aka Baby Eagle. After looking around in Shops and Stores I noticed not too many folks make accessories or carry them in general. So I think I will purchase another soon.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    They're importing polymer framed ones now. The old ones are non-existent though. If I could find a old stainless 9mm one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have a Baby Eagle in 40SW!

After Magnum Research had a falling out with IMI/IWI Charles Daly briefly picked up importing them. Rumor has it that Magnum Research is now importing them again along side their Walther based "Fast Action" pistol. I've seen a few of the new ones on Gun Broker but they are usually the compact version in 45ACP.

Anyway, you're correct, it has become an unusual gun. The only accessories I've every found for it were a Fobus holster (shipped from Israel) and Hogue grips I ordered directly from Magnum Research. MR mags are the only ones that work properly in the gun.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    The metal Baby Eagle's are among my favorite guns to shoot. I found the one below at The Gun Shop last year and added a metal black 9mm next. Gun Broker usually has a couple but I haven't checked since all the insanity started last month.

Baby440.jpg

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I have a Baby Eagle in 40SW!

After Magnum Research had a falling out with IMI/IWI Charles Daly briefly picked up importing them. Rumor has it that Magnum Research is now importing them again along side their Walther based "Fast Action" pistol. I've seen a few of the new ones on Gun Broker but they are usually the compact version in 45ACP.

Anyway, you're correct, it has become an unusual gun. The only accessories I've every found for it were a Fobus holster (shipped from Israel) and Hogue grips I ordered directly from Magnum Research. MR mags are the only ones that work properly in the gun.

Don't forget wolf springs. :)

I have the poly iwi version. Had to replace the recoil spring due to feeding issues.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've had one on my list for a while, but recent events (ahem) have forced me to divert pretty much all funding to EBRs.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Im taking it you dont like Polymer? I just want to replace the recoil system

No, the poly one is nice. It has a rail and finger groves and all. But the stainless one is just so damn pretty. Also I kind of like the heft of the steel frame.

Oh and the new import ones are called "Baby Eagle II" and being done by Magnum Research again.

Baby-Desert-Eagle-II.jpg

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Holsters are hard to find, & recoil systems just came up. Well at least its nice to know Im not the only one in the area with one. I have the Black Polymer stock, Black on Black.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    I was a confused one a few years ago when I was just into handguns(soo much smarter now) and wanted a baby deagle. Well i ordered it and got a damn fast action baby eagle(they were not making the Jericho style then). Really sucked for me but the fast action or "mr eagle" is very good. I did get a Jericho style but soon trades it for a cz p01. Awesome trade but still longing to get a Jericho in 45

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I was a confused one a few years ago when I was just into handguns(soo much smarter now) and wanted a baby deagle. Well i ordered it and got a damn fast action baby eagle(they were not making the Jericho style then). Really sucked for me but the fast action or "mr eagle" is very good. I did get a Jericho style but soon trades it for a cz p01. Awesome trade but still longing to get a Jericho in 45

Funny you should mention a .45 Jericho. I was just browsing through gunbroker after reading this thread and saw this:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327728850

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I had a 941 many years ago had the 9mm and .41ae conversion kits for it . It was well made but when .41 ae dried up I got rid of it. Damned ammo is worth more then the gun now lol .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom