• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    I figure the dust has settled enough for me to find a good deal on a Colt LE5920 AR15. Now.. Where would be the best place to find this gun? I've tried several local shops, nothing in stock. Are there any Walmarts in the area I can get this ordered? If I find something online, how does that all work exactly? I've seen several online stores say that they can't ship to MD and others that say they can... It's confusing.

I'm in no hurry and would like to keep the price around the $1200 mark. What fees are involved here and how much are they typically?

Best shops in the area? Which to stay away from?

Thanks guys!

Dave Webb

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    If you find one online you can have it shipped to a ffl so they can do the transfer. I would talk to your ffl first before just sending one their. If you want it quick then find one doing 8th day release. There is another thread on here about what dealers are releasing. I know freestate had several AR's but I didnt check them out. I know a couple were Colts but thats about it. Someone else can correct me if im wrong but im not sure if Walmart will order you an AR any more. Transfer fee's vary. $30-$70. I think most are in the middle around $50.

A1, FreeState and The Gun Shop are nice ones (several others)
    Not a fan of Select Fire......

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Buy it online, and have it transfer here to md. the ffl plus the gun from lets say tx or somewhere where guns are abundant, is still cheaper than LGS in MD, even if the fee is 100 bucks.

I am in search of a gun, and I found uncommon firearms, in columbia md, he can get it for you or maybe handle your ffl. He is only 50 bucks. They sound pretty good. Give them a email and see what he can do for you. no its not a plug, I dont know them.

Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    Closed this week until tomorrow. Will call then. Already left a message for Lou!
    Thanks guys!

Any ideas on how much they're going for at Shooters Discount?

I'm currently looking at a Colt LE6920MP-B for $1238 total price!

Thanks
    Dave

Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    Thanks for the info! I was afraid I'd lose out on the one from SRG Arms and went ahead and bought it. Total price was about $250 less than Lou's price. Wish I could have kept it local.. but I didn't have a lot to spend to do that. We'll see how things go with the transfer... I"m hearing a variety of answers.. from 10 days to 3 months...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    1) It depends on which FFL you use for the transfer.

2) Actual saving will depend on the transfer fee charged by the MD FFL.

cyclelabs

Dec 18, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    I figure the dust has settled enough for me to find a good deal on a Colt LE5920 AR15. Now.. Where would be the best place to find this gun? I've tried several local shops, nothing in stock. Are there any Walmarts in the area I can get this ordered? If I find something online, how does that all work exactly? I've seen several online stores say that they can't ship to MD and others that say they can... It's confusing.

I'm in no hurry and would like to keep the price around the $1200 mark. What fees are involved here and how much are they typically?

Best shops in the area? Which to stay away from?

Thanks guys!

Dave Webb
    Look online at Clyde armory. I picked one up in May for a little more than that. I still do not have it yet b/c my FFL will not release on time. Have it transferred to a local FFL that releases on time according to the law. This site has a thread with dealers who release on time so look there before you pick your FFL. I would also call the FFL before you buy just to double check as they change their minds on a daily basis. Good luck !

Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    Clyde armory were cheaper.. But the s/h was more and they also charge an extra 3% for credit cards... SRG Arms was cheaper.

That's what I'm worried about next.. The FFL. I got a local guy who's charging $50. Not sure how long it will take. I'll look for that thread on the ffl's

Thanks!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Your new here. Would have been nice if u established a relationship with an IP. Hopefully u can contribute to the cause and not just disappear.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Sounds like you got what you wanted at a good price. I wouldn't worry about the IP thing. You may have to wait 3 months but it's not the end of the world if money is tight. You found a god site to hang around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom