• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Please accept my apologies as I have failed to follow etiquette and first introduce myself. I recently joined after waking up from a fog and realizing what awaits me on 1 October.

I own a few:
    S&W 686
    Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer
    Marlin 22 semi-auto (Tube Mag)
    Montgomery Wards 20 Ga pump
    Ruger Mini-14 Stainless

Its been years since I've been shooting. I have simply carefully kept the guns stored, only occasionally taking them out to fondle and wipe down.

Well, after joining and reading a good bit I now have a desire to pick up a couple of pistols before October and return to the range and shoot. However I suffer from very limited funds. I will be looking at Hi-Point pistols as I can afford them and they shoot. I do not expect to be a high volume nor competitive shooter. Fun and home defense.

I have been looking for a local FFL who would release in 8 days or so to a new customer or for a transfer.

Any suggestions for a local FFL who honors the 8 (or so) day release without the restrictions some have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    People poo-poo hi-points but personally i've also been looking to get their 9mm and their 45. Doing some research it seems that the majority of people who have them like them, and those who don't haven't really tried or have a bias.

I wish I knew who did a release to a new customer... i've been waiting on my ND and DC apps for over 75 days now.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Americus, Hafers is agreeable on the phone but they are waiting for new Hi-Point stock. They normally carry them so I will call every few days. They also will do transfers for a fair price. I may also look at The Accuracy Clinic for Transfers. I have a friend out of state who will sell me a new C9 for a sweet deal if I cant find Hi-Point in stock locally.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 62

cyclelabs

Dec 18, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    Please accept my apologies as I have failed to follow etiquette and first introduce myself. I recently joined after waking up from a fog and realizing what awaits me on 1 October.

I own a few:
    S&W 686
    Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer
    Marlin 22 semi-auto (Tube Mag)
    Montgomery Wards 20 Ga pump
    Ruger Mini-14 Stainless

Its been years since I've been shooting. I have simply carefully kept the guns stored, only occasionally taking them out to fondle and wipe down.

Well, after joining and reading a good bit I now have a desire to pick up a couple of pistols before October and return to the range and shoot. However I suffer from very limited funds. I will be looking at Hi-Point pistols as I can afford them and they shoot. I do not expect to be a high volume nor competitive shooter. Fun and home defense.

I have been looking for a local FFL who would release in 8 days or so to a new customer or for a transfer.

Any suggestions for a local FFL who honors the 8 (or so) day release without the restrictions some have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
    Welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom