• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HTArms

May 9, 2013
    Waynesboro, PA
    This came into the shop today:

9290753588_1c3287560e.jpg

It is a Ruger New Model Single Six .22LR made in 1975 but I can't find any other with the two tone finish. It does have a .22LR and .22 Mag cylinders as well. Any educated guesses on what I have here?

We have already called Ruger and they confirmed the year, but couldn't provide much more information. We could pay the $10 for the detailed information on this gun (and likely will if no answers come).

Thanks in advance!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Are the blued parts carbon steel (not stainless)? Looks like a blued gun that's been customized with some stainless parts (and custom grips?). The jeweled hammer is a giveaway that it's non-factory. I'm not digging the stainless ejector tube.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Everything I am coming up with is leading me toward a guess of a dealer special. I've seen S&W and Colt Python "pinto" guns, but never a Ruger. That hammer tells me a lot, as well. Looks to be a dealer special or something someone hired a smith to do.

I like the oddballs. I think it's kinda neat.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think someone took the factory parts and polished them up to the silver you see now, likely did the jeweling on the hammer at the same time.

Could be a special edition, but my money is a DIY "custom" job.

HTArms

May 9, 2013
    Waynesboro, PA
    Many thanks for all of the input! We did write to Ruger for the "official" paperwork on this gun. I will update when we get the info back.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Yeah, the grip frame and ejector rod housing on the blue single sixes are made of aluminum. The finish Ruger applies to these aluminum parts chips and wear easily and so some people just go ahead and remove the finish from the aluminum parts leaving the 2-tone look. I like the 2-tone look.

LS1

Jun 19, 2010
    Not So Free State
    That's a home brew gun, Ruger never made a two tone like that except for the Colorado centennial and that was not a 4-5/8" gun and had a roll marked cylinder. Non original grips, turned hammer and sight insert are giveaways.

I also hear there is a good wait to get letters back now.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That's a home brew gun, Ruger never made a two tone like that except for the Colorado centennial and that was not a 4-5/8" gun and had a roll marked cylinder. Non original grips, turned hammer and sight insert are giveaways.

I also hear there is a good wait to get letters back now.

I believe you are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom