• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I purchased this last month from Classic during their SKS sale. If you're looking for a sinoSoviet rifle, and don't mind possibly replacing the furniture, you may want to check them out before run out. I believe these may have been imported long ago, and are just now being sold as the 'new unfired' gun stock starts to dwindle. [speculation]

Cleaning the cosmoline took [part time] the better part of 2 weeks. The stock was in very bad shape, however i cleaned it and put it in storage in my attic. The replacement from Numrich fit very well [after some slight modification at the nose with a dremel]

sks.jpg

Overall its a very good shooter and I'm happy with it.
    First range trip today was uneventful. The rifle shot straight, didnt malfunction, and aside from sweating cosmo from the gas tube cover did what it was supposed to do.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Nice stock. which did you order?

Numrich has some wood stocks for sale. They actually sent me a spike bayonet stock, but once I got on the telephone with them they sent a very nice one out quickly.
    I only had to specify that I had a blade bayonet and wanted side sling hardware.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Numrich has some wood stocks for sale. They actually sent me a spike bayonet stock, but once I got on the telephone with them they sent a very nice one out quickly.
    I only had to specify that I had a blade bayonet and wanted side sling hardware.

yeah I saw them all but none looked like what you received in pics or description so I wondered which one you picked to get what you did. Thats a pretty nice stock.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I ordered a Numrich stock for my friends Royal Tiger SKS that came with a stock all in pieces. The wood was in great shape, but the finish was pretty jacked up. My friend refinished it and it looks great now.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I ordered this one '490940 - Stock w/ Metal Hardware, Used w/ Dings, Dents, Scratches & Blemishes '

However the first one I received [I still have] was cut for a spike bayonet. They [after a telephone call] sent me the proper [blade] bayonet stock.

I still have the spike bayonet and was going to send it back for a refund/credit, however if someone wants a VG condition stock cut for spike bayonet let me know [u can PM me or just reply here] and we can work something out [will even meet u to avoid any shipping cost].

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Thanks for the info Turbo. Id buy the spike one but i need a blade :(

I ordered this one '490940 - Stock w/ Metal Hardware, Used w/ Dings, Dents, Scratches & Blemishes '

However the first one I received [I still have] was cut for a spike bayonet. They [after a telephone call] sent me the proper [blade] bayonet stock.

I still have the spike bayonet and was going to send it back for a refund/credit, however if someone wants a VG condition stock cut for spike bayonet let me know [u can PM me or just reply here] and we can work something out [will even meet u to avoid any shipping cost].

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom