• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I believe I can make an argument for using money from a HSA or flex spending account. I think it would probably require a hearing test that shows some hearing loss. It is possible that we could get it by without that. I would be more than happy to write a letter stating that a suppressor is recommended to prevent (further) hearing loss. I have never tried, but it's logical.

Be careful there, doc. That same logic can be (mis-)used as the rationale illustrating the need to ban those firearms that may CAUSE hearing loss.
    I'll say it again: trying to use logic against these people is a fool's errand.

I think educating and winning voters' hearts 'n' minds is the best option in the short-term.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I believe I can make an argument for using money from a HSA or flex spending account. I think it would probably require a hearing test that shows some hearing loss. It is possible that we could get it by without that. I would be more than happy to write a letter stating that a suppressor is recommended to prevent (further) hearing loss. I have never tried, but it's logical.

So, if you can write a scrip for a suppressor, would that make it tax exempt since it's a medical expense? And deductible? I think we've just figured how to pay for your new retirement home in Switzerland, Doc. :lol2:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So, if you can write a scrip for a suppressor, would that make it tax exempt since it's a medical expense? And deductible? I think we've just figured how to pay for your new retirement home in Switzerland, Doc. :lol2:

Dunno. Good point. Switzerland is a nice place.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Funny how some on our side of the fence preach patience, diligence and a tempered approach. Meanwhile, the left continues to just run roughshod like a bull in a china shop and throw whatever they want against the wall and bully their way to pass legislation. Sure the governor can veto it, but we see what happens when he does that.

Absolutely apologize for slowing down the left lane, but this stuff gets real old seeing the dems continue their game.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Be careful there, doc. That same logic can be (mis-)used as the rationale illustrating the need to ban those firearms that may CAUSE hearing loss.
    I'll say it again: trying to use logic against these people is a fool's errand.

I think educating and winning voters' hearts 'n' minds is the best option in the short-term.

In some countries silencers are REQUIRED to lessen noise pollution

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    Funny how some on our side of the fence preach patience, diligence and a tempered approach. Meanwhile, the left continues to just run roughshod like a bull in a china shop and throw whatever they want against the wall and bully their way to pass legislation. Sure the governor can veto it, but we see what happens when he does that.

Absolutely apologize for slowing down the left lane, but this stuff gets real old seeing the dems continue their game.

I'm with you. I'm so sick of the crap that I don't even want to live in this state any longer. Every time we get a small victory, it either gets delayed indefinitely or taken away from us.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I do not see a suppressor bill submitted as of yet. The House Introduction Date (the date by which a bill must be read in a convened floor session in order to be guaranteed a hearing in its committee of origin) was today. Any bills introduced from this point forward must go through the Rules Committee and is not guaranteed to make it out of Rules...

This is probably in response to proposed federal legislation (hearing protection act) to remove suppressors from the class 3 list/process. They figure if it happens, they are ready to deny suppressors.

Exact same reason the current asshats predecessors passed a piggyback AWB on the state level in 1994. Didnt make much sense at the time...until the federal ban sunsetted in 2004 and ours didnt.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hysterical nitwits. If Federal law changes, it probably will be to shift to NICS for suppressor transfers. If that's not adequate, the state can impose their own check...perhaps requiring an HQL. There is no rational justification for a ban.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    There's no rational basis for any type of checks on suppressors - should be able to buy them off the shelf at the grocery store. They are worthless without the firearm to go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom