In this issue:

1. Welcome
    2. Moneybomb
    3. Woollard Case Action Center
    4. Motion For Stay Filed
    5. Maryland General Assembly

<hr><hr>

1. Welcome

We'd like to extend a big welcome to all of the new MSI members that have joined this week. As you might imagine, the news of the Woollard decision has focused the public's attention on our issues like never before.

MSI is an organization of its members. We count on you to educate yourself using the tools that we give you and to spread the word. You become the face of MSI amongst your family, friends and co-workers. By sharing our message, you amplify it many times over.

<hr>

2. Moneybomb

Thanks go out to those that have already participated in the MSI Educational Fund moneybomb. The response has been brisk and we are processing your donations as quickly as possible. Your donation demonstrates your faith in MSI's mission and we are grateful to you.

The moneybomb continues until March 17. Every dollar we receive will allow us to do just that much more to carry our message to the general public to educate them on MSI's mission. If you have not yet had an opportunity to donate, you still have time.

You can donate by visiting this page and may participate either through PayPal or USPS.

<hr>

3. Woollard Case Action Center

We now have updated the MSI webpage to include the Woollard Case Action Center. Here you will find a great deal of information that includes an FAQ on the case as well as a guide to applying for a Maryland permit.

A huge public thanks goes to the MSI Executive Members who compiled this information and to the head of our technical team for their hard work in getting this information out to you so quickly. Many hours of the midnight oil went into this information this week on very short notice and we appreciate their efforts.

<hr>

4. Motion For Stay Filed

Attorney General Gansler has filed for a stay pending appeal in the Woollard decision. This comes as no surprise to anyone and comes predictably as the Attorney General, General Assembly, Governor's Office and Maryland State Police all scramble following the events of this week.

We'll continue to keep you updated on this as it unfolds.

<hr>

5. Maryland General Assembly

Please remember that the Maryland General Assembly is still in session and that there are still active bills that have potentially serious negative outcomes for us. The excitement of this week's news has rightfully drawn our attention, but we still have work to do in the coming weeks.

We'll have a separate legislative update out over the weekend.

<hr>

6. MSI On The Allan Ellis Show

MSI's Legislative Director will be the featured guest on the Outdoorsman Radio Show with our friend Allan Ellis this Saturday, March 10 from 5am-7am. For you early risers, please tune into WCBM AM680 or listen online at www.wcbm.com.

<hr><hr>

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc.
    1332 Cape Saint Claire Road #342
    Annapolis, Maryland 21409
    410-849-9197

Mission Statement: Maryland Shall Issue® is an all volunteer, non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gun owners' rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; and to the education of the community to the awareness that 'shall issue' laws have, in all cases, resulted in decreased rates of violent crime.

Follow Us On Facebook

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

lol - I was reading through the OP and wondering what the heck I was reading. Thought it had just been written by Pennak and I was thinking "what the heck is all this stuff about Woollard right now?" Glad I did not continue reading before skipping down to see this post. Then, noticed that the OP is Norton.

Good grief. Time flies. Hard to believe it has been 7 years since then. I remember how excited my brother in-law and I were about the decision upholding Shall Issue. Then, BAM!!!!!!!!!!! Kind of like the initial 4th Circuit decision in Kolbe. Then, en banc, BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom