• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shinobi

Jan 4, 2011
    Calvert County
    I have a Gemtech GM-9 suppressor. I want to buy a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 CARBINE and have a gunsmith fit it so I can use it with the GM-9. Is this feasible?

What would be better to buy, the CZ Scorpion with the muzzle brake or the one with the faux suppressor, or does it make any difference?

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    I have a gm-45 that i use on my scorpion carbine all the time. Its a great platform and will cycle literally anything. I bought the carbine with faux suppressor. the fake can i essentially a barrel shroud the screws to the muzzle. All newer scorpions are 1/2x28 but you dont want to run the piston with the spring or you can have baffle strikes. Gemtech makes fixed endcaps in 1/2x28.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    one more thing i forgot. Remember that with with a 16" barrel, even running 147g it will be supersonic. If I were to do it over id buy the pistol with a brace just to avoid that. If you handload it doesnt matter because you can download any weight bullet and still cycle. i had 115 grain subsonic rounds cycling fine.

Shinobi

Jan 4, 2011
    Calvert County
    Thanks, Buster! Yes, good point about 147 grain being supersonic. I encountered that with other 9mm carbines I own. I use 158 grain and they remain subsonic, and I'm not giving up any foot poundage. sgammo has several 158 grain FMJ offerings that don't cost much more than normal 9mm.

I'm sticking with the carbine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom