• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 3, 2020
    Hi all,

This may sound repetitive but I’m wondering if anyone has had their HQL application denied after they stopped using and had MMCC number cancelled ?
    My dr said I she can cancel my certification and note that I don’t need it anymore. I feel like when I answer the question on the HQL application “NO- I don’t use and don’t have an MMCC Card or ID” it will be accurate.

On the application it doesn’t mention any waiting period after it was cancelled. I was reading somewhere on another forum thread there is a 1 year waiting time after the MMCC numbers/license is expired.

On the HQL application It just asks in the present tense, basically do you or don’t you? It says nothing of a time period.

I have not filed the HQL form yet, I want to check NO on the referenced question because of this reasoning.

Has anyone had an experience of checking NO and then being denied due to an old MMCC card/number?

I wanted to hear your thoughts before I proceed.

Thanks!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So long as you are on record as having the card. Claiming on the form that you don’t... will be a false or deceptive answer.

One year from expiration... will no doubt include the term of one year from voluntary cancellation.

But...

Check with MSP Firearms Unit to confirm.

Jun 3, 2020
    So long as you are on record as having the card. Claiming on the form that you don’t... will be a false or deceptive answer.

One year from expiration... will no doubt include the term of one year from voluntary cancellation.

But...

Check with MSP Firearms Unit to confirm.
    For the record- for anyone who reads this thread- I don’t have a card either.
    To be compliant I shredded the card and threw in trash.

So, it would make my NO very true- I don’t use, No ID, no card. It doesn’t ask when and it states no year waiting time on the form that I can see.

I guess I could ask MSP but I’m concerned I flag myself for no reason.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I can't imeadately think of a cite , but I recall seeing that ATF considered Three years after expiration or cancelation of a Weed Card to no longer be considered an Habitual User .

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Not a lawyer but I thought I remembered that Maryland wants a year wait and the feds might have wanted 3 (might have been a video of a pacific northwest police chief being interviewed about causes of a police shortage by smug local politicians? ) Not that it matters because of federal law but doesn't the MD law say that no rights or privilege can be suspended over the medical card? Sounds like a contradiction but again federal law would make that irrelevant.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    For the record- for anyone who reads this thread- I don’t have a card either.
    To be compliant I shredded the card and threw in trash.

So, it would make my NO very true- I don’t use, No ID, no card. It doesn’t ask when and it states no year waiting time on the form that I can see.

I guess I could ask MSP but I’m concerned I flag myself for no reason.

Really NOT trying to be a smartass... so don’t be offended.

Want answers about what the state will require of you?

Ask them. The call can be anonymous. Since the same rules on the cards apply to everyone in the state.

Or you can ask for a guess from anyone here or on any other Internet forum. The answer you get will be worth the price you paid for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom