• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Again I applaud you - it seems you are taking a measured approach to this and seeking out the advice of others - beyond MDShooters.. Good luck and stay safe!

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Again I applaud you - it seems you are taking a measured approach to this and seeking out the advice of others - beyond MDShooters.. Good luck and stay safe!

This ^^^ - :thumbsup:

And per Ammo Jon and Matlack, et al., in your situation you should have no problem getting a WCP, but might be better to reduce your "I'm a target" profile as much as you can. Carry concealed, rather than advertise that you might be important and/or dangerous.

Doing bank runs during the day is also a very good idea, I did that years ago when I worked at a jewelry store - lots of cash at that time, so in the afternoon one of the employees would take the deposits down the street to the bank, minimizing the cash on hand at closing time.

Keep asking questions and learning, there are some good resources out there. And swing by the introductions thread if you haven't yet and say "Howdy"!

ZainNazir

Jul 9, 2020
    This ^^^ - :thumbsup:

And per Ammo Jon and Matlack, et al., in your situation you should have no problem getting a WCP, but might be better to reduce your "I'm a target" profile as much as you can. Carry concealed, rather than advertise that you might be important and/or dangerous.

Doing bank runs during the day is also a very good idea, I did that years ago when I worked at a jewelry store - lots of cash at that time, so in the afternoon one of the employees would take the deposits down the street to the bank, minimizing the cash on hand at closing time.

Keep asking questions and learning, there are some good resources out there. And swing by the introductions thread if you haven't yet and say "Howdy"!

Thank you for the advice! The problem I further have unfortunately is that the way my store is designed, there is no safe area to be able to count the cash on sight and take it to the bank. I have to first transport the cash from the store to the designated area where I count it. Then from there transport it to the bank. I've had a good system so far where I'll switch the days and even people that go to the bank with my deposits (myself or trusted family members) I'm just continuing to educate myself on more ways I can reduce my risk. With the current climate, its just not safe to do what I do. All it will take is one robbery to set me back years financially. Even with having business insurance.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Would highly recommend a concealed carry class and go from there. MD doesn't really differentiate between open or concealed carry, unlike some states where open carry doesn't require a permit, and concealed does. In your position, concealed carry probably has huge advantages, open carry generally requires a lot more training in retention techniques, and has a lot of disadvantages. While you can carry without a belt, it's generally only practical with small pistols in a pocket or ulticlip holster, they have their own challenges.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Wear real pants with a real belt. I've seen dudes wear basketball shorts with a belt over top with the holster on the belt. Don't be that guy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I think you are going to find that sweat pants will not support waist carry.

LOTS of choices for holsters. I have a couple of Alien Gear that I like, but I have limited experience with IWB/OWB holsters. Most of my use has been more like a duty holster or a competition holster.

+1 on Alien gear- I picked one up for JIC or the day where I live somewhere possible. Impressive holster, extremely secure and well made, and comfortable- my experience is only around the house though.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dosen't have to be Open on your business premises . Open vs Concealed for merchants has adherents both ways , depending on multiple factors .

But indeed , sweatpants won't support a " real" pistol . Belly bands , thunderwear ( ick) fanny pack , etc . But all of those have major inherent design comprises . A jogging suit with shoulder holster under the jacket ?

But since this is a gas station , and not a gym or health club , are sweats mandatory ? Jeans , or cargo pants , or dickies style work pants should unobtrusively blend in with a gas station type environment . The bottom line with effectively packing serious heat ( trite cliches used intentionally for levity ) is blend into your environment without being blatantly obvious , not to necessarily dress exactly the same as when you were unarmed .

Dress Around the Gun

Crocman

Local Warlord
    Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland Escapee
    I carry the P365 all day, every day in a Wright Leather Works Cruiser. Adjustable cant, leather is great quality. I added an Ulti-Clip. It’s a very comfortable holster that disappears, for me. I started with a Wright Cobra for my Sig Ultra 1911 several years ago. I wouldn’t carry either any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom