• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I have lived under a HUGE rock apparently.. No idea that CZ even existed until last year and even then I had no knowledge of them making more 'traditional' type rifles largely based on the Mauser action.

Picked up a NIB .223 model 527-FS over the weekend and let it eat yesterday... The magazine is slightly wonky I wont sugar coat that, they could put a little more effort into it. Or just go a internal staggered stack box magazine like a mil service rifle.

I did slightly pull the spring to give the follower just a little more tension and all was excellent after that. It was really good already but the second to last round would nose dive down and not want to feed 100% every time.

Looks and function are top notch. Ruger can go suck one, their scout rifle is a joke for the price tag they put on them.

My VZ-24 turns 84 years old this year and is by far my favorite firearm. I think CZ got it 98% right just out of the box and the last 2% will come with more usage as the bolt and receiver lap themselves together. I did order some buffs to give a little more polish and break the edge of the feed ramp down about .100" more so the bullet tip will always contact a ramped surface. From the factory they got it really close. Knowing the history of my VZ from 1945 through today (legit WW2 bring back in the family) and I have no doubt the smoothness of that action is due to its extensive usage in the service of the imperial Japanese navy from 1937 to August 1945.

The Czechs know how to make guns, 82 years newer and they still got it going on :thumbsup:

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Sounds like a great rifle, gonna post a pic of that fs stock. I just discovered CZ rifles recently myself and wish they were still doing those stocks.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Yeah I love them too. Got a 527 American in 22 hornet in a trade a few years ago. Like it alot. Also have a couple 455's one in 17hmr and a trainer in 22lr and a 452 American in 22lr. Saw a guy had a 527 fs in 223 at York last weekend but I didn't take enough money with me to make an offer.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Dollar for dollar...CZ is making some of the best sporting rifles today. Now they're completing the process of acquiring Colt they will have modern sporting rifles in their corporate catalog as well.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You maybe shocked but the Czechs make really good beer too and it's called, get this, Budweiser and it tastes so much better that that king of beers shyt from St Louis.

Seriously, while you're out from under your rock you need to czech it out

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    I have been under the black rifle rock now that I have had a wood stock in my hand my eyes have been opened.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    You maybe shocked but the Czechs make really good beer too and it's called, get this, Budweiser and it tastes so much better that that king of beers shyt from St Louis.

They did invent the Pilsner.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    I really like CZ rifles. I have a left handed CZ 452 american 22lr and left handed CZ 527 american 223rem. Since they bought Dan Wesson, I'm tempted to buy one of their 1911s but have resisted so far

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010

When I was in grad school, we had a visiting professor from the Czech Republic. He was a big fan of the liquid lunch, and that was the first time I learned how much they liked good beer. He said our domestic brands like Coors and Miller were cheap junk meant for poor people with no taste. Of course he said this after finishing his liquid meal. :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    When I was in grad school, we had a visiting professor from the Czech Republic. He was a big fan of the liquid lunch, and that was the first time I learned how much they liked good beer. He said our domestic brands like Coors and Miller were cheap junk meant for poor people with no taste. Of course he said this after finishing his liquid meal. :)

The coffee joints in Prague are actually a great place to get a beer as well as food. That started to catch on a bit in the US a decade back (Cafe Nola in Frederick is an example), but has been the norm there probably for as long as they've had cafes.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    So far everything I've come across that's either CZ or has an association with CZ is solid. the CZ pistols all seem to be very well made, my two Dan Wesson 1911s are excellent, and they're acquiring Colt, which in my mind can only be a good thing.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    CZ is where I go if I am looking for a new firearm. But I have never looked at Dan Wesson revolvers. I have about 4 CZ pistols and 3 rifles. Might need a new 527 next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom